XF 1.4 Database error.

Flocculent

Hello.

As of a few hours ago, my xenfofo installation randomly stopped working. When visiting any page, I receive the "An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later." error message. I checked the db config setting, and it's all good. The URL to my xenforo installation is http://snw.io .
I am running Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS.
Any help is appreciated, many thanks.

The output you have should actually be impossible, so something extra is happening. There should be an HTML comment on the page which will give the specific error message. This isn't present in your case. However, the code can't output that message without immediately outputting the comment and this isn't something I've seen.

I would have to guess that you have some setting in CloudFlare that is manipulating the output (and stripping the comment). If you can't/won't temporarily disable it, you would need to access your site without going through CloudFlare and then view the page source.

The output you have should actually be impossible, so something extra is happening. There should be an HTML comment on the page which will give the specific error message. This isn't present in your case. However, the code can't output that message without immediately outputting the comment and this isn't something I've seen.

I would have to guess that you have some setting in CloudFlare that is manipulating the output (and stripping the comment). If you can't/won't temporarily disable it, you would need to access your site without going through CloudFlare and then view the page source.
I will try this thanks.

I disabled cloudflare, and there is now a comment. It says "Unknown database 'xenforo'."

However, I can see the database and it's tabls fine in ssh using mysql.
Rrfrv

Top Bottom