Fixed  Data being outed over avatar in Members

Either IE's not accepting the text-indent property that makes the text overflow out of the avatar box, or it's not properly handling white-space:nowrap that prevents that text from wrapping down to a new line (looks like the latter because it appears there's an empty line before the actual text). Line 186 of the CSS:

Code:
.avatar .img {
    background-position:2px 2px;
    background-repeat:no-repeat;
    display:block;
    overflow:hidden;
    text-indent:1000px;
    white-space:nowrap;
}

Here's what happens if I disable white-space:nowrap using Firebug in Firefox:
k2Fvk.png

Looks identical. :) That'll be $500 please. Call again anytime. :D

Either IE's not accepting the text-indent property that makes the text overflow out of the avatar box, or it's not properly handling white-space:nowrap that prevents that text from wrapping down to a new line (looks like the latter because it appears there's an empty line before the actual text). Line 186 of the CSS:

Code:
.avatar .img {
    background-position:2px 2px;
    background-repeat:no-repeat;
    display:block;
    overflow:hidden;
    text-indent:1000px;
    white-space:nowrap;
}

Then we could add this to it:
Code:
 font-size: 0;	 display:block;	 line-height: 0;

Then we could add this to it:
Code:
 font-size: 0;     display:block;     line-height: 0;
Not an ideal solution as technically the text is still there and it can cause glitchy mouse cursor issues and weird flashing pixels. This works better:
Code:
line-height:1000px;

Although really I would rather try to find out why IE isn't handling the white-space property correctly. :)

Looks like IE8 in standards mode doesn't like text-indent or the text-indent/white-space combination. Changing it to a negative text-indent seems to work though (text-indent: -1000px). And if it's a large enough negative text-indent, I don't think you have to worry about the text overlapping the avatar.

$500 ?

O_o

On wetalk we pay out in socials :D
You can come to IRC to come and collect your hug :D

Top Bottom