Darren Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad we can all play nicely. Because Mert worked on vB4 does not mean it sucks because of him. (Not stating it does or not, just repeating ;))

Side note: Glad you left vbulletin, yet somehow you have vbulletin-tr.com in your signature...

Glad we can all play nicely. Because Mert worked on vB4 does not mean it sucks because of him. (Not stating it does or not, just repeating ;))

Side note: Glad you left vbulletin, yet somehow you have vbulletin-tr.com in your signature...

Michael, always wondered, where do you work now? Sorry for going off topic.

Mert has been on the vB or IB team very shortly. Seriously .. to my memory not even a full year.

Not only that but the timing, the majority of the team in the same month, which is when I went part time and only deal with impex, and only via tickets.

Yep, from January to June, 6 people (including me) quit or got fired. And Jerry went part-time. But that's not important. The future of my site is important, and xenForo can help realize that it takes a positive turn.

Ashley Busby, Kerry-Anne, Kier, Mike, Floris, Scott, ... (Mez and Boxy and someone else weren't with Jelsoft already)

But that's not important. The future of my site is important, and xenForo can help realize that it takes a positive turn.
Sounds like XenForo is the real vB4, at least what devs invisioned before Ray Morgan's reign.

Floris, are you planning to wind down vbfans.com?

I wish i had the power so i could made decisions and people could blame me :)
Mert has been on the vB or IB team very shortly. Seriously .. to my memory not even a full year.
I've been with vB 10 months and within that 10 months nothing i suggested made into vB :)

Sounds like XenForo is the real vB4, at least what devs invisioned before Ray Morgan's reign.

Floris, are you planning to wind down vbfans.com?

No, I have seen the documentation "vision for vb4" and it's not xenforo, at all. This is a complete new product, new vision, new team, new approach, new ideas.

I have already winded down the "vbfans" network. We had 6 sites and 3 service sites and all in a network. We merged all the vBulletin-*.com domains into vbfans.com and made it 1 site. And then moved it to the wetalk network under wetalkweb.net > vbfans.com But with the popularity of doing free support and 3.8 gaining momentum, and the marketplace selling/buying vb licenses and alike, we're keeping it around. The plan was to discontinue (or sell) vbfans.com Jan 1st, 2010. But I let the community choose and the activity has shown me it has a direction. As always, we review the situation on Jan 1st - so we will see what 2011 brings.

Thanks for the interest. And we're quite excited to see if we want xenfans.com to go somewhere, or if we focus our 'stuff' directly on xenforo.com here. We have some great plans - and looking to work together with xenaddicts and other xen* fan sites.

I think you really need to join XenForo team. It needs to gain momentum to get on the same market level with the big boys. I think attention needs to be brought to XenForo.com. You can help with that greatly, IMHO.

Yep, from January to June, 6 people (including me) quit or got fired. And Jerry went part-time. But that's not important. The future of my site is important, and xenForo can help realize that it takes a positive turn.

Ashley Busby, Kerry-Anne, Kier, Mike, Floris, Scott, ... (Mez and Boxy and someone else weren't with Jelsoft already)

what about these guys, are they coming here?

Off topic response: I work at IB (Not on the vBulletin team) and at vBSEO, do not see how that matters either way.

It doesn't for me, I just was curious. On our chat people were saying you were with vBSEO and others with vBS, but someone at vBS told me you weren't, etc. I just wanted to ask you at some point directly; so I did :D

I think you really need to join XenForo team. It needs to gain momentum to get on the same market level with the big boys. I think attention needs to be brought to XenForo.com. You can help with that greatly, IMHO.

I think Mike and Kier know that I am interested. But I am not asking, and just like vBulletin back in the day, I leave it up to them to see if they have any use for me, on what level, etc.

It's nice to get PM, emails and msgs like you asking if I am going to do support and alike again. But it's not my decision, and with them still developing the software, it's all about testing at the moment of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom