XF 1.2 Daily Statistics occasionally showing zero values - re-count fixex, but a bug or cron issue?

CTXMedia

Over the past few months there have been several occasionals where the daily statistics values on some variables at CycleChat have been zero; posts, active members, likes, etc.

upload_2014-1-1_13-49-38.webp

Rebuild Daily Statistics fixes the counts, but I'm wondering why it's miscounting in the first place.

Are the stats calculated in a single run or are they separate cron jobs?

What triggers the cron job and when is it set to run?

Could this be run directly from the server using a Debian cron entry?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

I should add that CycleChat is still on 1.2.3 - and, having read a thread regarding cron changes for 1.2.4 I think I'll update it in the coming days to see if it resolves this issue too. (y)

If there are some stats that are non-zero, it indicates the cron ran. However, it doesn't indicate that the cron finished, so it's possible the script got killed while it was running.

If there are some stats that are non-zero, it indicates the cron ran. However, it doesn't indicate that the cron finished, so it's possible the script got killed while it was running.

Thanks Mike. Would it improve matters if I ran the cron directly from the server via a system initiated cron job (with root as the owner)? If so, what would be the command line?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Top Bottom