Daily Digest

Daily Digest 2.0

No permission to download

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Daily Digest - Sends an email to your members every day showing most popular topics.

Description:

Sends an email to your members every day showing most popular topics.

An email of the 25 most popular topics is sent to all members that have logged into your forum with the past 30 days. If a member does not want to receive the Daily Digest email, they can unsubscribe by clicking the link provided in the email or the link in the forum footer, this is an opt-out add-on.

(Example of Daily Digest email)

View attachment 118374

(Example of Options...

Read more about this resource...

Hello, can you add an option to make it so users can opt-in instead of being automatically added to the daily digest, same with the weekly digest aswell?

I know some people will get annoyed to get emails every day while some want the news.

Hi Andy,

Would you mind adding an option to let us choose if to show forums name on email or not?
I want to show just Threads title in email.
Because I use this add-on to email daily digest of just one of forums. So all the forum titles are the same and isn't needed to be displayed in email.
As you see in this screenshot all titles are the same (green arrow):
2016-03-07_16-56-13.webp
Also there is a problem with RTL (red arrow) titles are LTR although email body is RTL.

Thanks

Hi Andy, have downloaded daily digest, and installed as shown, but it does not send any mail. Do I have to edit some of the scripts, or should it work out of the box? I can access all the options through my admin tab, but just can't get a mail sent?

Hi,

what is the difference of this addon to your other addon "email subscriptions 3.0" ?

As far as I can see they are the exact same except that daily digest is "opt-out" only and "email subscriptions" (which is also a daily digest) is "opt-in" only. Is this correct?

Last edited:
Hi,

I installed this addon now parallel to your other two addons weekly digest and email subscription.

Who is getting now the daily digest:

a) only new user who registered after the daily digest was already installed
b) also old users, who registered already before the daily digest was installed, as long as they have logged in once within the last 30 days

AndyB updated Daily Digest with a new update entry:

See description

On Dec 31, 2015 version 1.1 of this add-on was released to address an exploitable SQL injection vulnerability. If you are still using a version of this add-on which is below 1.1 or released before Dec 31, 2015 then it is essential that you update to the latest version of the add-on as soon as possible to fix this security issue. If you have any further questions, please ask.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom