D.C Style - Thumbnail

D.C Style - Thumbnail 1.0.2 Patch Level 9

No permission to download
Bug
The thumbnail slightly covers the thread title on small screens (phone). To test on computer you can minimize your window and you will see it. I can also send a screenshot via PM.

Hello, thanks for this great free add-on @D.C Style !
Just 2 questions :
  • If a member chooses to upload a custom image of, for example, 2 MB and 3000 x 2000px, what exactly happens? is the image resized or not?
  • Could the add-on create a thumbnail from an embedded image from the gallery? That would be great !
Thank you very much !!

Having an issue, where the default thumbnail is not showing. I did all the caching but the only way I can see a thumbnail is if I upload an attachment.
Web capture_21-7-2022_13251_user.oo5dynasty.com.jpegWeb capture_21-7-2022_132948_user.oo5dynasty.com.webp

When I go into the edit thumbnail option it is showing my image as missing.

I activated the thumbnails only for two nodes. On all other nodes, the button to add a thumbnail is shown anyway, if someone is permitted to add one. If an image is uploaded that way, it does not show. This might be irritating to the users.

In dcThumbnail_append_thumbnail_edit_button there is only <xf:if is="$thread.canEditThumbnail()"> where the button is to be shown. There does not seem to be an "if" for hiding it in the forums not selected in the options.

Probably there should be: <xf:if is="$thread.getThumbnail()"> as well....

Last edited:
Having an issue, where the default thumbnail is not showing. I did all the caching but the only way I can see a thumbnail is if I upload an attachment.
View attachment 271216View attachment 271217

When I go into the edit thumbnail option it is showing my image as missing.

I activated the thumbnails only for two nodes. On all other nodes, the button to add a thumbnail is shown anyway, if someone is permitted to add one. If an image is uploaded that way, it does not show. This might be irritating to the users.

In dcThumbnail_append_thumbnail_edit_button there is only <xf:if is="$thread.canEditThumbnail()"> where the button is to be shown. There does not seem to be an "if" for hiding it in the forums not selected in the options.

Probably there should be: <xf:if is="$thread.getThumbnail()"> as well....

Thanks for the reports. An update will be released soon.

I'm using https://xenforo.com/community/threads/auto-thread-thumbnail-by-xenbros-deleted.154559/

It works good but the developer seems to have stopped updating it so I seek another solution that I'm lucky to have found your add-on.

It looks as good if not better as the add-on I'm using. One major problem is that it lacks local customization per node.

In Auto Thread Thumbnail that I'm using now, the add-on adds the following fields in each node so I can additionally customize the dimensions and default thumbnail for each node other than the default one in the add-on's Option.

1659491674521.webp

Another problem, what's the size of the thumbnails showing in thread lists? Will it slows down the loading substantially?

Thanks.

Thank you for your efforts dear
I see this error
The following errors must be resolved before continuing:
  • D.C Style - Thumbnail requires D.C Style - Attachment View 1.0.0+.

any help,
thank you

Your add-on is great but I have a problem. I wish guests couldn't see thumbnails of threads because I have a forum for adults and I live in France (I must respect the legislation of my country). I would like guests to be able to see the list of threads, I don't want to hide the threads (I only hide the content), I want hide only the thumbnails for guests. Is it possible please?

Maybe with the add_on Hide links / Medias / Images (BbCode) to guests [Paid] 2.1.7 ? :unsure:

Last edited:
1. The calculation for the distance may have an option, the 30px is too much;
for 96 it could be around 20 for example. Other will need other values.

2. If I have pictures with 1000x1000 pixel inside post one, you show them?
Would be nice to show the thumbnail instead?

Enable media thumbnail images: makes no difference for me?

Last edited:
It seems to me that:

• one pic in the first post => thumbnail
  • two and more pics in first post => no thumbnail?

It seems that uploaded thumbs are not deleted if the thread is away (dont not if melted, deleted or whatever), but the thread is not there anymore, the thumbnail is still in the dc folder.

Top Bottom