[cXF] Remove Location, Website and About you field

[cXF] Remove Location, Website and About you field 1.4.3

No permission to download
Is it possible to have this as a per usergroup option? I'd like to prevent accounts with less than X posts (IE before they are promoted to a new usergroup) from having the ability to enter a website link. A large number of sign ups on my old forum were the typical "sign up and add link to forum profile for spam SEO reasons" which I would like to prevent. I used to do this by running a mysql command to delete the links from profiles of any users with less than X posts.

You can set permission for each user group separately.

Does not work... (only needed and tested it for website url)
When a member is in two (or more) different user groups
- Group A: permission set to "no"
- Group B: permission set to "yes"
then the website-field is also removed from ALL members of group B :(
But it shouldn´t because group A is not set to "never"?

By the way: the field is completly deleted and not just disabled?
Because after changing the settings back for user group A to "yes" the field was still gone/empty.
So I was lucky that I did a backup before testing...

When a member is in two (or more) different user groups
- Group A: permission set to "no"
- Group B: permission set to "yes"
then the website-field is also removed from ALL members of group B :(
But it shouldn´t because group A is not set to "never"?
If you set permission to Yes, then you remove the field. If you want explicitly to show the field to specific user group just set it to Never.

If you want to show the field to A and not to B, just set A to Never and B to Yes.

By the way: the field is completly deleted and not just disabled?
Because after changing the settings back for user group A to "yes" the field was still gone/empty.
It only removes the code from a template, not changing any database so nothing is deleted. That's how it works for me.

To remove it from posts got to Style properties -> Messages -> Message user info elements and untick desired ones.

To remove it from posts got to Style properties -> Messages -> Message user info elements and untick desired ones.
Ok thanks. I thought I'd be able to make the website link visible (or not) based on user group permissions with this addon. Looks like it only controls the entry field? I suppose I could wipe out everyones website with a database query before launching a usergroup with this addon.

Ya, seems like it shouldn't show the website link anywhere for that user if it is deactivated for that user/group. I'm seeing it on the posts and the "about" for that user, even though it is disabled for his usergroup. We want to make the website a premium feature so it'd only be visible for that premium usergroup.

Please check your template modifications for this add-on if all modifications apply. Or you can PM me your URL with admin access and I can take a look.

Top Bottom