[cXF] Google Translate Forum

[cXF] Google Translate Forum [Paid] 1.0.0

No permission to buy (€12.00)

BassMan

This is a really cool mod, but I did note one issue. Shortly after installing on my 2.1 forum, noticed that some icons requiring 'clicking' weren't functioning, for example the post reactions menu would not show up when the 'Like' button was clicked as it normally would. When I went to edit a thread title by clicking on the '. . .' hidden menu, it would not open without numerous clicks being used. As soon as I disabled the translate mod, everything turned to normal. May be something unique to my forum, but thought I'd mention it.

I think posting it here so Bassman has a chance to look at it is probably more promising since it's the mod itself that appears to be causing the conflict.

Enhancement suggestion: Instead of translating the entire forum, add a 'translate this post / thread' link. We don't get that many foreign language posts.

Enhancement suggestion: Instead of translating the entire forum, add a 'translate this post / thread' link. We don't get that many foreign language posts.
This would be nice as we can phrase XF for foreigners to accurately translate if we want multi-lingual, but not be able to translate individual posts as seen on FB. I would like to translate a post if it's not in X language by detection only.

Hello nicodak, unfortunately not. And I'm not sure if there is anything we can do about it.
Just an FYI - Once installed, the reaction feature no longer worked, so I had to uninstall. Specifically, When hovering over the "Like" link, the reaction emoji's stopped appearing. I tried it on three different sites of mine, same result on all three. Hope that you can figure out the conflict as I would love to be able to use this one.

It's really like to use this addon, but if it breaks the stock Xenforo reaction JS, then that's a deal breaker, obviously.
@BassMan have you asked the XF guys whether they are prepared to look at tweaking their JS to fix the compatibility issue?

Actually, the Google script could be a problem too: https://support.google.com/translate/thread/200406322/google-translate-widget-does-not-work?hl=en

But no, I didn't ask them. Yet. Maybe @Chris D can tell us more :unsure:
Chris is asking for an example.
But I guess if the code has been retired, then we need to find something else since not everyone uses Chrome with its translation tool.

Top Bottom