[cv6] Node Icons & Tools

[cv6] Node Icons & Tools 1.3.2

No permission to download
Been playing around with this addon on our test forum, and unless I'm missing something, this addon currently only allows custom node icons to be set on a global basis for each node, correct? As a feature suggestion for the future, would there be any way to set a node up so that it has different node icons in different styles?

Been playing around with this addon on our test forum, and unless I'm missing something, this addon currently only allows custom node icons to be set on a global basis for each node, correct? As a feature suggestion for the future, would there be any way to set a node up so that it has different node icons in different styles?
For sure not the FA Icons, but I may play a bit arounf with the new dynmic style folder options, to support this for images.

I have been using a different Addon for collapsible nodes that looks and works really well. The new function in this Addon does not work for me (I disabled the other to test), and it is not an option so it could be turned off. Could that be an option and until then, could you give a hint how I can manually modify the templates to turn it off?

Edit: got it...

1660677247159.webp

Just disabled these three template modifications

Last edited:
I have been using a different Addon for collapsible nodes that looks and works really well. The new function in this Addon does not work for me (I disabled the other to test), and it is not an option so it could be turned off. Could that be an option and until then, could you give a hint how I can manually modify the templates to turn it off?

Edit: got it...

View attachment 272116

Just disabled these three template modifications
You can disable it in the Style under the nodes section.

That three TemplateMods are also fine and enough.

Last edited:
Thanks, good to know. Disabling it was not so successful - I think both addons use at least partially the same CSS for the collapse function.

Thanks, good to know. Disabling it was not so successful - I think both addons use at least partially the same CSS for the collapse function.
Thank you. Usually I am prefixing all my css used classes, but will recheck to be sure to not create problems in the future.

The other addon is CollapsibleCategory 2.5.0 by almusa. I modded it a little to use local storage to make the choices more persistent and also to reverse the toggle-icons for "on" and "off". Initially the logic was "collapsed = on" and "not collapsed = off", while I found it more logical to have "node open = on" and "node not open = off".

What happens, if the setting in your addon is off, and the other addon is on, is that the icon (toggle) for the collapse-function goes into a second line under the nodename, but not all the way to the left.

Yea, the solution is pretty similar, so no wonder that you have conflicts. But then only my AddOn should work for you. Strange that not.

I found a simple modification somewhere in the forum after which in the other addon the state survives the logout

Code:
node_list_category

Find: </h2>

Replace: <span id="collapse-{$node.node_id}" class="collapseTrigger collapseTrigger--block {{ !is_toggled('_node-' . $node.node_id) ? ' is-active' : '' }}" data-xf-click="toggle" data-xf-init="toggle-storage" data-storage-expiry="31556926" data-target=".block--category{$node.node_id} .block-body" data-storage-key="_node-{$node.node_id}"></span>
$0

and I deactivated this:
Code:
<span id="collapse-{$node.node_id}" class="collapseTrigger collapseTrigger--block {{ !is_toggled('_node-' . $node.node_id) ? ' is-active' : '' }}" data-xf-click="toggle" data-xf-init="toggle-storage" data-storage-type="cookie" data-storage-expiry="31556926" data-target=".block--category{$node.node_id} .block-body" data-storage-key="_node-{$node.node_id}"></span>
$0

Basically meaning that data-storage-type="cookie" was removed. Which, as far as I understood, stores the state in local storage, but I am not sure.

Hi, I've noticed since downloading your add on, my site delays by a couple of seconds or more- I've doubled check to make sure it's not the style I'm using and the problem seemingly goes away when I disable the downloads. I've been monitoring my website for a little and so far no issues since disabling. Is there any way a future update might resolve this? I really like the functionality of your creation and would love to make use of it in the future if possible. Thanks! I've downloaded both Core and Node Icons and Tools

Are you using the SVG Inject functionality? That takes time on the client.

If not, a Fiddler log or a HAR File can help to find the bad boy.

Top Bottom