• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Cute Greeny Smilies

because this is my First post After buying this great product I will post a gift :)
View attachment 10154
put [ smilie.png ] into this link : [to change the icon of smilies in the editor]

that is all

Thanks ,

These are nice. Thanks for submitting.
smile.png

I have to ask which software did you use to design these?

Except for the fact that they are so large, I LOVE these smilie! The expressions are awesome.
Thanks for posting.

sorry for the misunderstanding I did not Desgin these I just Found them in the INTERNET

These icons are released under CC License Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0

sorry for the misunderstanding I did not Desgin these I just Found them in the INTERNET

These icons are released under CC License Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0

Thanks for the information. :) http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/

Oh well then, I'd love to know where you found them. If they have other colors I'd sure use 'em, if they look decent after resizing.

Just in case anyone is curious as to what the CC License Attribution is, I linked to it above.

It all depends how these were constructed if your after the source file to re-size these peggy you may still loose quality with regards to the sharpness and clarity of the images. Your best bet would be to download them or ask the author directly as chances are they have posted or can retrieve the source file.

Either way, I'm almost sure there will be a loss of quality re-sizing from the .png source.

Either way, I'm almost sure there will be a loss of quality re-sizing from the .png source.
Yep I tried to resize a couple of them down to 16x16, and even 18x18, but still lost quality. Too bad they're so large (32x32). I really like the expressions.

Yep I tried to resize a couple of them down to 16x16, and even 18x18, but still lost quality. Too bad they're so large (32x32). I really like the expressions.

Hopefully the OP can post a link directly where he got them from which would help locate the author of these smilies which would yield a higher chance in getting the source files which would possibly (depending how they are designed) give off better results when re-sizing.

yep it does, just not really useable in posts as the size breaks the line format.

But I still love 'em!

I still think these could be re-sized to 20px square and retain some kind of quality whilst limiting the breaking of the line format. It depends on what compromises you are willing to take but 10px square wuld be a good start in my opinion, even 24px which would be my personal maximum.

Definitely very cool smilies, but I agree with the sizing comments :D

When you download the file, it has one 20 x 20 smile, then you open the folder and it's the large ones....

Definitely very cool smilies, but I agree with the sizing comments :D

When you download the file, it has one 20 x 20 smile, then you open the folder and it's the large ones....

put [ smilie.png ] into this link : [to change the icon of smilies in the editor]
Code:
styles\default\xenforo\editor

Here's their reply...looks like this is dead lol

Thanks for your message. Unfortunately we don't have these icons in smaller sizes. The smallest size is 32x32. The icons are free for personal use and also free for commercial use, but we require linking to our web site. If you don't want to place a link, purchase them for $49 per set.

As for 18x18 size: we'll charge $2 400 ($80 per icon) to create the icons in this size.

Regards,
Anna Komarova
Executive director
VisualPharm - graphic design for software makers

try something other than photoshop to re-size it ...

You'll still loose quality whatever package you use. These are smilies which obviously started their life out in multiple layers where having the source file would give the ability to the user to re-size each layer accordingly and setting the blending modes to that size. Because it's png, all the elements are embedded on one layer causing the shift in size to really cause a low quality image.

Top Bottom