Customizing URLs

Umit

Hi, i have a forum (vb3.7) and i'd like to switch to XF when the first beta released.

My forums URLs are like this:
/thread234.html
/thread234-2.html (second page)
/forum25.html

Can I customize the URLs in XF and hold my URLs same? (include thread and forum IDs after convert)

If i cant what i asked above, how can i redirect thread234.html to showthread.php?t=234 ?

The URLs are not customizable to that degree. You would need to use 301 redirects using mod_rewrite to redirect to our thread structure (or vB's showthread.php structure). The IDs won't be the same across imports anyway.

Thank you Mike, so it is possible with htaccess.
Can anyone help me to create the htaccess file?

forum23.html should redirect to showforum.php?t=23
thread234.html should redirect to showthread.php?t=234
thread234-2.html should redirect to showtread.php?t=234&page=2

Mike, would these work?

Code:
RewriteRule ^forum([0-9]+)\.html$           forumdisplay.php?f=$1       [R=301,L]
RewriteRule ^thread([0-9]+)\.html$          showthread.php?t=$1         [R=301,L]
RewriteRule ^thread([0-9]+)-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?t=$1&page=$2 [R=301,L]

RewriteRule ^thread([0-9]+)-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?t=$1&page=$1 [R=301,L]

is not working properly, and redirecting to showthread.php?t=234&page=234 (thread234-2.html)

anyhelp? i need to complete this job before switch to xenforo...

RewriteRule ^thread([0-9]+)-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?t=$1&page=$1 [R=301,L]

is not working properly, and redirecting to showthread.php?t=234&page=234 (thread234-2.html)

anyhelp? i need to complete this job before switch to xenforo...
RewriteRule ^thread([0-9]+)-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?t=$1&page=$2 [R=301,L]
is working now, dont know why it didnt work in my local wamp.
Because your first rewrite rule used the same variable ($1) for the thread ID and the page number ;) Naughty Shadab!

Top Bottom