Customisation

Hi - seriously considering XF for a community site, but the trial does not allow customisation of colours/style etc as far as I can see.

Could you point me in the direction for some guidance on how this is done?

Thanks

Simon

The demo is fully featured.

Easiest way to change colours is to look at the Appearance section in the Admin CP. Color Pallette, Style Properties and Templates allow you to modify preset colours, settings and HTML/CSS to your requirements.

You may also want to look at sites posted in the Site Showcase forum as you can get some idea of some of the customisations available. Most people either use a free/paid style available from the Resource Manager or pay for a custom style from a third party.

The demo is fully featured.

Easiest way to change colours is to look at the Appearance section in the Admin CP. Color Pallette, Style Properties and Templates allow you to modify preset colours, settings and HTML/CSS to your requirements.

You may also want to look at sites posted in the Site Showcase forum as you can get some idea of some of the customisations available. Most people either use a free/paid style available from the Resource Manager or pay for a custom style from a third party.

Chris D

Can I create a sub forum as follows...

1. I want to create a new sub forum....no problems, I can do.
2. Then I want to allow access to only those members whom I authorize.....
3. Then I want to put some 100 odd Multiple Tick Questions with 4 options (one being correct).
4. No options for new posts in this thread....

Its a mix, few sub forums will be like that and few will be standard.......

5. Can I create a paypal or payment option in the forum...

6. Can I customize the side data column ?

I also would like to take a plunge like Simon did ?

And how much would it cost me from your side ?

Brogan, Thanks..

Few more specific questions..

I am not a coding guy, just can operate or play with custom settings, no coding, with this background.

1. Can I start the forum, I have a space and domain name registered.
2. Is there any specific installation procedure which calls for any coding guy's help.
3. I want to do some small changes in the, especially
a. I do not want the 'right side member data window' on the forum screens that giving forum statistics and all.
b. I want to remove some of the top (Tab) buttons like resources, media, members etc.
c. I have no problem with xenforo at the bottom left side, but can I replace the one in the big bold at the top ?
d. Pl note that just below the forum/sub forum discussions and message count is given, I do not want that.
e. And also on the right side of forum/subforum name in the list, some message related details are provided, can I customize that.

Looking forward to your help...

Regards

Top Bottom