XF 1.1 Custom warnings no longer work?

RobParker

Since upgrading to the latest version, whenever any of our mods/admins try to issue a custom warning it gives the error that

"Please enter a value using 100 characters or fewer."

Even though we're only entering 10 characters or so in the custom warning field.

Any ideas?

I am trying to reproduce this but so far have been unable. I tried issuing a warning for a thread with a long title. No error. Can you tell me how to reproduce it?

I am trying to reproduce this but so far have been unable. I tried issuing a warning for a thread with a long title. No error. Can you tell me how to reproduce it?

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/title-length.12918/

The title length for the threads is set to 100 in the datawriter( xenforo_datawriter_discussion), and to 150 in the database.
IMHO this should be the same^^

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenatendo-events.8670/page-19#post-169209

I've finally gone live with this add-on HERE and I've a couple of users copying over events from the old vB calendar and it seems to be coping well with the number of events...

The only reported problem is an error message if the event title + town & postcode is over 100 characters, however it still posts the event, but not the associated thread – odd.

Does this mean that the add-on has no title limit, but xF does for thread titles?

EDIT: I started this thread, as I couldn't find an answer - Is there a character limit for thread titles? and then stumbled across this thread [Fixed] Limit thread title entry to 100 characters, both of which could be handy for anyone else having a problem with this.

It looks like xF limits thread titles to 100 characters and also prevents you from typing one longer, whereas that's not the case when adding an event, which is made worst because it [brilliantly] pulls in the town & postcode (or city, state, ZIP code) as part of the title.

Is this something that can be fixed, Jaxel?​
This may be related. i.e. errors on threads over 100chars in length.

Reactions: HWS
I don't recall seeing a bug report relating to it and Jake asked for reproduction steps but I haven't seen any (the linked threads are not related).

See if you confirm this with add-ons disabled. If you have an add-on that affects anything warning related (like posting a thread with a warning), that may very likely be the cause.

We have Ragtek's Create warning thread addon so that may have been it.

One of our mods managed to issue the warning that was failing so I can't test if that was causing the issue.

Top Bottom