Cannot reproduce Custom User Fields

ibaker

I am creating a Custom User Field for Countries to display as a drop down box and when I enter one the "Add Additional Choice" button to display another empty field does nothing.

This means I enter a new one, have click "Save Field" and open the option back up again which displays a blank field to enter the next one etc

Someone else reported this and I was unable to reproduce it in any browser. Please confirm the browser and whether you have any add-ons installed.

Well I have found multiple bugs...who do I send the bill to?

This is with a brand new install of v1.1.1
Using latest version of Firefox v9.0.1 with no addons
Also using IE v9.0.8112.16421
Server is a dedicated server with 16gig ram using 8%, 8 x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31230 @ 3.20GHz cores running at 0.04 (8 CPUs), Centos v6.2 OS, 2 Stainless Steel 450gig drives in Raid, total sites on server is 2 XFs and 1 vb, PHP v5 and MySQL:
  • Server version: 5.1.56-log
  • Protocol version: 10
  • MySQL charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)
Viewing in Firefox at 1024x768 clean window with no scroll bars
Viewing in IE set at 1024x768 resolution there is a horizontal scroll bar...easily fixed with page width settings
(I used Microsoft Expression Web v4 to set the window sizes)

Using Firefox the drop down on the search function "Useful Searches" doesn't work at all...in fact the ONLY XF site that I have found that it does work on is here...all other XF sites that go to it doesn't
Using IE the drop down on the search function "Useful Searches" does work however when click away on the site to retract the search you are left with a:
img1.webp
This remains until I do a page refresh
(I am using a NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512 with Driver Version 8.17.12.8562 and PC has 8gig DDR3 Ram)

Using Firefox the add new field in Custom User Field drop down alternative options does not work
Using IE the add new field in Custom User Field drop down alternative options does work ok

So far I have found that the latest version of Firefox causes several issues an IE also causes a couple of issues.

Here is another one
I have created a customer user field for Full Name
To force old users to complete it I have added to the PAGE_CONTAINER template right below:
Code:
<xen:include template="ad_below_top_breadcrumb" />
This code:
Code:
                        <xen:if is="!{$visitor.customFields.full_name}">
                            <p class="importantMessage">
                                You have some required fields in your user settings that have not been completed yet...Please go to your user settings and complete all the required fields by <a href="{xen:link account/personal-details}">CLICKING HERE</a> and then this message will disappear
                            </p>
                        </xen:if>
Works properly in IE
In Firefox it is shown to me when I am logged in but it is still shown after I log out i.e. to guests

Looks like Firefox is screwed up some how...why else would these issues be occurring...will reinstall Firefox and see what happens

Well I have found multiple bugs...who do I send the bill to?

This is with a brand new install of v1.1.1
Using latest version of Firefox v9.0.1 with no addons
Also using IE v9.0.8112.16421
Server is a dedicated server with 16gig ram using 8%, 8 x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31230 @ 3.20GHz cores running at 0.04 (8 CPUs), Centos v6.2 OS, 2 Stainless Steel 450gig drives in Raid, total sites on server is 2 XFs and 1 vb, PHP v5 and MySQL:
  • Server version: 5.1.56-log
  • Protocol version: 10
  • MySQL charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)
Viewing in Firefox at 1024x768 clean window with no scroll bars

Viewing in IE set at 1024x768 resolution there is a horizontal scroll bar...easily fixed with page width settings
(I used Microsoft Expression Web v4 to set the window sizes)

Using Firefox the drop down on the search function "Useful Searches" doesn't work at all...in fact the ONLY XF site that I have found that it does work on is here...all other XF sites that go to it doesn't
Using IE the drop down on the search function "Useful Searches" does work however when click away on the site to retract the search you are left with a:
View attachment 24091
This remains until I do a page refresh
(I am using a NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512 with Driver Version 8.17.12.8562 and PC has 8gig DDR3 Ram)

Using Firefox the add new field in Custom User Field drop down alternative options does not work
Using IE the add new field in Custom User Field drop down alternative options does work ok

So far I have found that the latest version of Firefox causes several issues an IE also causes a couple of issues.

The scrollbars are probably a Browser Bug. I don't think there's much xF can do about it...

The "Useful Searches" bug is already fixed in the upcoming 1.1.2 release. That's why it works here already ;) (http://xenforo.com/community/threads/useful-searches-window-not-working-with-firefox-9.25187/)
The Add New Field bug you mention here is what you posted in the OP as a bug, isn't it?

Here is another one
I have created a customer user field for Full Name
To force old users to complete it I have added to the PAGE_CONTAINER template right below:
Code:
<xen:include template="ad_below_top_breadcrumb" />
This code:
Code:
                        <xen:if is="!{$visitor.customFields.full_name}">
                            <p class="importantMessage">
                                You have some required fields in your user settings that have not been completed yet...Please go to your user settings and complete all the required fields by <a href="{xen:link account/personal-details}">CLICKING HERE</a> and then this message will disappear
                            </p>
                        </xen:if>
Works properly in IE
In Firefox it is shown to me when I am logged in but it is still shown after I log out i.e. to guests

Looks like Firefox is screwed up some how...why else would these issues be occurring...will reinstall Firefox and see what happens

That looks extremely weird to me. The browser has nothing to do with that code?

Anyhow, one bug per thread. It is difficult to keep track of the bugs if people ignore that rule :(

This is interesting, Firefox just updated itself to version 10 and all problems are fixed...even the"Useful Searches" drop down which as said above isn't suppose to be fixed till XF v1.2

The problem this poses now is any user that is using Firefox v9.0.1

Top Bottom