XF 2.1 Custom User Fields - Member viewable?

JonUrban

I want the membership to be able to see the info in each members custom user fields when they view a members profile, but I can't seem to figure out how to get that info into the Profile area of each member.

I did a search here, found this thread: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/want-custom-fields-to-show.158139/

and followed the steps to "Message user info elements" and clicked on "Custom Field", which was not checked. However, that didn't seem to work.

Is there another step? Sorry if this is a "dumb question", but I did try and search to find an answer.

THANKS

If you just want it to display on the profile, it's down to the "Viewable on profile pages" option for each custom field. (If you want to display it with messages, the specific fields must have "Viewable in message user info" selected, as well as the style property.)

I do have "Viewable on profile pages" checked. However, when I go to a profile page it's not there. The page shows 3 items, "Latest Activity",
"Postings", and "About". I assume this info would be in the "About" section, but it's not there.

Is there something else I have to do to get this in there?

Can you confirm the display location? Note that we don't display preferences fields on the profile.

It is displayed in the about section. You can see a couple of fields you've filled in on your profile:

Maybe my info is in the wrong place. MyXF forum was imported from vB, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Here's my Profile "About" on my own forum. The only info showing is LOCATION.

However, if I look at the custom user fields that I want to appear in that area, none of them are there, and LOCATION is not even an option!

So, something is amiss. Can you see anything obvious from the above two screen caps?

Thanks

Can you confirm the display location? Note that we don't display preferences fields on the profile.........

OK, I got it. I had to move the fields form "Preferences" to "Personal Details" and now the info is there. Not sure how they started out where they were or how they got there, but they're in the proper place now.

Thanks Mike!

Top Bottom