XF 1.5 Custom User Field to Display Between Username and User Rank

Zachary Ball

sample.webp

I am somewhat familiar with the different kinds of hooks and conditional statements but wasn't sure if this could be tied in with that category.

I would like to move the custom field "First Name" to display between the User name and user rank. Any solutions or ideas?

You would have to edit the template and move the relevant code.

If you have more than one custom user field set to display in the message user into you will have to copy the code and use conditional statements to target that field so it shows there and the other fields show further down.

I get the idea of it, obviously I can't figure it out or find where i need to edit.

This has got to be something that has already been done several times, so if you don't mind let someone else help if you can't point me to the right templates.

I get the idea of it, obviously I can't figure it out or find where i need to edit.

This has got to be something that has already been done several times, so if you don't mind let someone else help if you can't point me to the right templates.

Have you considered to search for yourself, rather than waiting around for others to help you out?

And the guide that @Brogan posted, is a great help in indetifying the templates that you want to edit (Point 4 of the guide).

Looked it over... still having trouble finding the actual template..

The name of the template is message_user_info.

I am going to get a little off topic here, but I have to get it off my chest. With regard to your post towards Brogan, you should show more appreciation towards those that are trying to help you. It is not the first time that you do that btw, being rude to those that are kind enough to help you. Otherwise you will not get too far here in receiving support.

Anyone can post a help link.. I found that myself. All i needed was some assistance as to which template i needed to be editing. For some reason, I couldn't scope that out on my browser tool. I wasn't asking for Brogan to help, he never seems to have anything positive to bring to my past posts, I get more help from the people actually working on the same exact or similar edits as I am.

If you wanted to help Brogan, all you had to do was point me towards the right template. I work full time and don't have time to look through an entire help guide.. Just my 2 cents.

Anyone can post a help link.. I found that myself. All i needed was some assistance as to which template i needed to be editing. For some reason, I couldn't scope that out on my browser tool. I wasn't asking for Brogan to help, he never seems to have anything positive to bring to my past posts, I get more help from the people actually working on the same exact or similar edits as I am.

If you wanted to help Brogan, all you had to do was point me towards the right template. I work full time and don't have time to look through an entire help guide.. Just my 2 cents.

Wow. Most of the users here, including myself, work full time too btw, and yet they are kind enough to take time to help others. Whereas you can not take the time to help yourself. And @Brogan has helped you a lot. Why you are saying that about him, it is beyond me. Personally I will not be helping you out anymore, and I am sure that many other users will feel the same way after seeing your ungrateful and arrogant comment. You should really do something about your attitude. Anyways I will refrain from commenting further on this anymore as this is not the right place for that. Good luck pal, you will need it.

Just being honest, and by the way being a moderator brings those responsibilities. I asked a pretty straight forward question

could you point me in the right direction as to which template to edit?

I didn't think it was that hard. If you don't have a straight forward answer, then let someone else who does. Not sure why you are taking this so personally. I just haven't had much help from Brogan in the past, it is a very honest statement haha..

Top Bottom