Lack of interest "Minimum time between username changes" behaves like registration is the first change

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

NicolasZN

The current behaviour of the "Minimum time between username changes" setting is that it treats registration like a first username change. This is problematic behaviour if a board has rules about expected usernames, the user is unable to request a username change themselves after realizing their error.
I believe registration is not a username "change" and the feature should treat new accounts as having 0 changes in the last X days.
If this behaviour is as intended, feel free to move to the suggestions forum where I would suggest a toggle.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think generally speaking we're going to have to call this as designed. While I can see your argument, equally, the change you're proposing would essentially allow a "free" change which may well be unexpected.

Even your particular use case might benefit more from a "allow changes for X number of days after registering" rather than just ignoring the registration date.

Top Bottom