1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Custom Smiley Import Problem

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Nelson T., Feb 20, 2015.

1. Nelson T.

Nelson T. Guest

I am trying to import custom smilies I have in a VB Archive file on my system.

I entered the correct directory and get this:

which looks good. Then I try to import these by hitting Import Smilies, and get this error:

Something is over a 50 character limit.

I asked about this before, got no answer I could implement, and then abandoned this issue because we had more pressing problems.

Can you help me clear this 50 character error and import our old smilies? Our users miss them.

Thank you!
  2. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

You've not specified any text to replace for the smileys. For example, the Smile smiley has the following in the text to replace box (on my forum at least):

3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The title has a 50 character limit.

In terms of the image path, to import from a directory and have the image replacement URL be correct, you need to enter it relative from the root XF directory.
  4. Nelson T.

Nelson T. Guest

I used the same directory that XF uses, the smilies upload but do not display properly.

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You're going to need to change the URL on the smilies -- they don't appear to be correct. The original was using an absolute path on the server. The URLs can't be auto generated unless you only enter a path relative to the XF root.
  6. Nelson T.

Nelson T. Guest

That worked fine! Thank you!