Add-on Custom: Remove Conversations Plugin.

Okenyon

I need someone to build me the following:

Overview:
This plugin will remove all unread conversations based on criteria set in admin cp.

Brief:
In the admin cp we will need a separate options called "Cleanse Inbox".
The menu will have the same search functions as "Search for Users" tab.
I will then be able to search for users based on criteria i've set.
On the next step i'll be presented with my list of users who fit that criteria and will have the option to select a date.
Once a date is selected I will click "Confirm" and all unread conversations by the selected criteria will be deleted from users inbox's.

I plan on sending weekly mass inbox messages, and don't want user login in after a year to see 50 inbox messages from admin. This will help them only see recent and current messages.

Example:
I select "Administrators" and my user comes up on the second step. My user has sent out 2x mass inbox messages in the past 3 weeks to 30,000 members: 60,000 conversations in total. 40,000 messages have gone unread so far. I then select the date to over a month ago and click confirm.
The 40,000 messages are then removed from the site and if a user logged in who hadn't read that message they wouldn't see it in their inbox.

Kindly inbox me any questions, quotes, timeframes and experience.

Thanks, @Xon, do you have time to build this for me?
Thank you for the interest, but I'm still working through my backlog of fixes and updates.

I'm also unsure on if your request ist a good fit with Conversation Essentials as it will (by design) allow effectively arbitary unrecoverable data loss for most users.

For example, myself (and a number of users) use the mark-as-unread functionality to flag a conversation for reading later even if it has been read before. This allows for arbitary long periods where an 'active' conversation can be marked as unread.

Thank you for the interest, but I'm still working through my backlog of fixes and updates.

I'm also unsure on if your request ist a good fit with Conversation Essentials as it will (by design) allow effectively arbitary unrecoverable data loss for most users.

For example, myself (and a number of users) use the mark-as-unread functionality to flag a conversation for reading later even if it has been read before. This allows for arbitary long periods where an 'active' conversation can be marked as unread.
Hey @Xon, I'm not interested in "Conversation Essentials" I'd just like this plugin alone coded, does that interest you?

Or anyone else?

Top Bottom