Custom Reg. Form & Articles Page (blog?)

hugh71158

Hi all,

as a very inexperienced user of Xenforo I hope someone can answer a couple of questions for me.

First, is there a way to make the registration process more comprehensive? I would like to have the users provide more info, website address, location, etc. I have looked, and can't find where I can do this.

Second, is there a way to have a blog or articles section installed? I don't mean a blog addon that would allow all users to make personal entries, I mean a site blog that I would write to on a daily basis for the forum members to read. I guess it could be an articles page, but I would want the older info to be able to be accessed easily. Make sense?

Thanks in advance for any help given. :-)

Hugh

Hi all,

as a very inexperienced user of Xenforo I hope someone can answer a couple of questions for me.

First, is there a way to make the registration process more comprehensive? I would like to have the users provide more info, website address, location, etc. I have looked, and can't find where I can do this.

Second, is there a way to have a blog or articles section installed? I don't mean a blog addon that would allow all users to make personal entries, I mean a site blog that I would write to on a daily basis for the forum members to read. I guess it could be an articles page, but I would want the older info to be able to be accessed easily. Make sense?

Thanks in advance for any help given. :)

Hugh

I don't play with the registration much, so I can't answer the first question.

As far as the second I'd recommend XI Blog (http://xenforo.com/community/resources/xi-blog.713/). It's due for a refresh soon (Currently in progress), and I already intend to use it on my personal site (y).

Thanks Forsaken.

Strangely, I tried to buy that product yesterday - but part of the process is joining their site. I did so, but there was no email confirmation for me to complete the joining, and the transaction.

I emailed them, but no reply. So, the Paypal payment does not seem to have completed, and I am no further forward. Weird.

Hugh

Thanks Forsaken.

Strangely, I tried to buy that product yesterday - but part of the process is joining their site. I did so, but there was no email confirmation for me to complete the joining, and the transaction.

I emailed them, but no reply. So, the Paypal payment does not seem to have completed, and I am no further forward. Weird.

Hugh
Sorry about that, it looks like an email address was never re-created when we had moved servers a while back.

If you are still interested I'll be happy to assist you with this privately. :)

You can create custom user fields that are required:

Admin CP -> Users -> Custom User Fields

You can create custom user fields that are required:

Admin CP -> Users -> Custom User Fields

Thanks Jake - that did it! Somehow I looked at that and thought that I would still have to access the layout of the form in order to arrange it as I wanted. I'm sure that is possible, but it is fine the way it is now. Weirn though, I can' access any tabs in there except the Basic Information one.

Thanks for the reply!

I took the plunge and bought XIBlog last night. It seems to be poised for an upgrade - looking forward to that. Thanks for taking the time to reply. :)

I don't play with the registration much, so I can't answer the first question.

As far as the second I'd recommend XI Blog (http://xenforo.com/community/resources/xi-blog.713/). It's due for a refresh soon (Currently in progress), and I already intend to use it on my personal site (y).
I got it sorted out - thanks for the recommendation.

Top Bottom