Custom Home Page Feed with new post and articles

TomChuck

I'd imagine someone has done this or there may be a plugin. I'm not finding it so any advise would help. I basically want to make a custom home page that just shows new post (Forum Post), and articles (created from the Showcase addon)

-It needs to be visible to guest
-I don't want anything in the feed but the new post and articles (unlike the activity feed that shows users profile changes and other non related updates)

@TomChuck you dont need any coding skills. I would highly recommend you install it and try out the built in renderers in BD Widget Framework(the new threads one is in there). Showcase has built in renders for the framework so they will show up as well. Would be far more beneficial for you to try to do this on your own as you dont need any coding skills, because it will really open up what you can actually do throughout your xenforo installation and therefore will be more beneficial for you in the longer run. XF2 supposedly has its own Widget Framework 2 so would be a good start for you to get upto speed with something like this.

I'd imagine someone has done this or there may be a plugin. I'm not finding it so any advise would help. I basically want to make a custom home page that just shows new post (Forum Post), and articles (created from the Showcase addon)

It is quite simple and has already been coded. If you ask in the Showcase forum, they can guide you to the solution in no time.

I've got the BD framework installed and have been review it. I've been able to create some widgets and add them to other pages but I'm not sure if I can add these widgets to just one page like I need.

I want to have:
- The Home Page tab (a custom page I create with the widgets)
- Forum tab (has all the node hierarchy) < no modifications needed
- Showcase tab < no modifications needed

I'm just not seeing how I can create a xenforo page and have these widgets I'm created just show on the Home Page. Is that possible? I'd prefer to have this page have the right sidebar like the Forum tab as well. In the main column is where I'd put the New post widget.

Thanks for the help so far.

Top Bottom