Custom profile fields

I'd think important for custom profile fields to have an option to show on the right information box on the profile page of the member.

Planning on a forum where the member's region on the country would be very important to be available publicly, to plan events.

In this case, the social groups would be in handy, for them to plan board gaming events. But social groups is another discussion.

Well, there's already a gender field and a free form location field, so that does a couple things that you want, though it may not be in the format you want.

There are plans for custom profile fields, yes, though I don't know the form they're going to take yet.

Please don`t make this the traditional way, like a list or something which shows up in the profile. Make it somehow different, thinking out of the box. I am not sure yet how, but i think that it should be something unique, visually stunning and user friendly. This accounts for more things to be implemented, not just the custom fields.

I use custom fields to display a professional qualification (if a member has it) and also long/lat which is converted into a member map. So I'd not only need custom fields but to be able to import them from vB too :)

Custom profile fields are important to my forum.  Many times, we need to know the climate of the area the poster is from in order to answer his question.  Without the profile field, I have to convince users to add it to their signature.  Since most new users will not include climate information in their post or in their signature, we'll have to ask with another post in order to answer the question.

If you do include this feature in the release, is there anyway you could import the fields from VB? 

Are there plans to add custom profile fields, say sex, region, country, list of interests with checkboxes, these things?
I'd venture to say they are necessary. Custom profile fields are, nowadays, a bare-bones basic feature of forums across the board, including most of the free solutions. Dream, I would make a suggestion topic for Custom Profile Fields.

It would be interesting if you could organize your own profile, with your own information, embed movies, pictures and whatever, and customize the locations on them as well. All permission controlled of course.

Don't know if it's worth the hassle though.

Please don`t make this the traditional way, like a list or something which shows up in the profile. Make it somehow different, thinking out of the box. I am not sure yet how, but i think that it should be something unique, visually stunning and user friendly. This accounts for more things to be implemented, not just the custom fields.
You probably want something like that one vB modification that has an tabbed postbit area for all of the profile customization fields. I think its animated automatically too.

In VB, the only way you could put your profile fields in postbit - a modification of said postbit. So, profile fields can stay on profiles as you've suggested.

I'd venture to say they are necessary. Custom profile fields are, nowadays, a bare-bones basic feature of forums across the board, including most of the free solutions. Dream, I would make a suggestion topic for Custom Profile Fields.
This one could be moved there I guess. I thought there was already a suggestion made on this, or that it was already implemented in some form.

In VB, the only way you could put your profile fields in postbit - a modification of said postbit. So, profile fields can stay on profiles as you've suggested.
I like those mods.
Like i found a mod that i believe allowed you to add flags to your postbit, i changed it up and made it so people can show logos of favorite sports teams.

One of my vB mods is for profile fields in a postbit dropdown. I'd LOVE for it to be easier to do in XF versus vB. Actually, I'd like multi-choice fields to be viewable in a dropdown in the postbit. Lots of people have wanted that over the years in vB, but due to the back end on it, it's just not easily done.

Top Bottom