Add-on Custom Permission - Users can Lock/Unlock their own threads in specific forums - SOLVED

tehelgee

The title pretty well says it all. I want to allow my users to lock their threads in specific subforums, but Xenforo's current permissions give users the ability to lock/unlock any thread in those subforums, not just their own.

I have learned the hard way, too. I was looking for an add-on and completely skipped (don't know why) @Daniel Hood 's add-ons.
Now while I was analyzing his add-ons, I think I might come across to an option like that.
See User Essentials.
Lock / Unlock own thread. Permission to allow thread authors to lock/unlock their own threads. User cannot unlock threads locked by a moderator.

On one hand I agree with Brogan, you were looking for custom development and this would cost you usually more than purchasing add-ons.
(Trust me, I learned it the hard way, again).
But on the other hand I agree with you that it is overpriced if you look for single features.
I have good news for you. I remembered another add-on where I come across this option. I can recommend his add-ons (great person).

See @Akinak 's Some new permissions add-on.

5) Lock / unlock self threads
This is node permission, so can be setup for each node separately

I don't use this add-on but I think this is what you are looking for. Go ahead and ask Akinak if you are not sure.

On one hand I agree with Brogan, you were looking for custom development and this would cost you usually more than purchasing add-ons.
(Trust me, I learned it the hard way, again).
But on the other hand I agree with you that it is overpriced if you look for single features.
I have good news for you. I remembered another add-on where I come across this option. I can recommend his add-ons (great person).

See @Akinak 's Some new permissions add-on.

I don't use this add-on but I think this is what you are looking for. Go ahead and ask Akinak if you are not sure.

Saw that one too, and if I went with any, it'll be that one.

Found another, that's free, but it doesn't appear to work.

Top Bottom