1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on Custom Permission - Users can Lock/Unlock their own threads in specific forums - SOLVED

Discussion in 'Custom Service/Development Requests' started by tehelgee, Jan 12, 2015.

1. tehelgee

tehelgee Member

The title pretty well says it all. I want to allow my users to lock their threads in specific subforums, but Xenforo's current permissions give users the ability to lock/unlock any thread in those subforums, not just their own.
  2. sbj

sbj Well-Known Member

I have learned the hard way, too. I was looking for an add-on and completely skipped (don't know why) @Daniel Hood 's add-ons.
    Now while I was analyzing his add-ons, I think I might come across to an option like that.
    See User Essentials.
    Daniel Hood likes this.
  3. tehelgee

tehelgee Member

Saw that. I don't need the other options, so I don't want to pay $30 for a single feature.
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Generally speaking, it would cost a lot more than that for custom development.
    Daniel Hood likes this.
  5. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

I agree with what @Brogan said, plus you might find you enjoy at least one of the countless other features as well.
  6. sbj

sbj Well-Known Member

On one hand I agree with Brogan, you were looking for custom development and this would cost you usually more than purchasing add-ons.
    (Trust me, I learned it the hard way, again).
    But on the other hand I agree with you that it is overpriced if you look for single features.
    I have good news for you. I remembered another add-on where I come across this option. I can recommend his add-ons (great person).

See @Akinak 's Some new permissions add-on.

I don't use this add-on but I think this is what you are looking for. Go ahead and ask Akinak if you are not sure.
  7. tehelgee

tehelgee Member

Saw that one too, and if I went with any, it'll be that one.

Found another, that's free, but it doesn't appear to work.
  8. tehelgee

tehelgee Member

Nevermind, it works. I was just dumb in testing permissions.