Add-on Custom node that consolidates posts from all nodes

I run a forum for sailboat owners that is segmented by boat brand. We have almost 100 nodes. Some users stay in one node but many other users want an easy way to easy read all of the content.

On our VB board we had jury-rigged a forum that listed all posts, from all forums, in a standard forum menu format. It looked just a regular node, but it listed all threads from all nodes.

I would like to commission one of you XF rock stars to build this add-on. Criteria:

- When a thread is clicked it can open under its native parent node. This does not have to function as a complete, fully-functional node.

- There should be a way to exclude nodes from the list.

Although it defies logic, this is an extremely popular feature with our users. :)

Please let me know if you have any questions. Ready to start now.

Thanks, I'm asking my users if the new posts link is the same as what they had in VB. It sure looks like it.

I swear, one of these days I'm going to come up with a real project that (a) isn't already available, and (b) isn't part of the core function.

In my forum, when I open a thread from the find-new list it drops off the list. However, on the XF it does not. Is that configurable?

Top Bottom