1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom logo.og.png does not show up?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by fredrikse, Oct 4, 2012.

1. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

What might be wrong? I have the custom file both in the standard XenForo style as well as in my custom style. But when I share a thread to Facebook the logo does not show up. The width and height of the logo.og file is 100px. It's non-interlaced.

2. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

I thought it was supposed to be no larger than 50px, not that that would matter much. I also think it takes a bit due to FB cache or something (I think I read that somewhere)

3. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

4. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

You were right:

opengraph.png

The recommended size should be 50x50. When I read the help section I thought it should be 100x100.

5. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

This is what it looks like on Facebook:

onfacebook.png

6. Sheldon

Might take a bit to update the cache.

7. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

Still no luck with the custom picture on Facebook.

8. Sheldon

All I did, was create my image, name it exactly like the default xenforo one...

logo.og.png

And overwrote it when I uploaded.

That worked for me.

9. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

Good for you :) I can't get it to work. This is what the original file looks like in a picture editor:

xenforologo.png

Maybe I'm saving it wrong? Now I use PNG like the original file.

10. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

Now I have managed to get it to work when I paste a thread link in the status update form. My logo is now showing up.

11. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

I tried once again recommending a thread in XenForo but in the news feed on Facebook it's just my generic profile picture that shows up. I would like to have my logo.

12. Sheldon

Oh, you are sharing as you are logged in... I think it automatically pulls that persons avatar.

I could try from not being registered at your site, and recommend, and show you the image it pulls in PM if you'd like.

13. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

14. Sheldon

15. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

A template was necessary to keep the avatar from showing up since the default setting is to show the avatar from what I understood :)