Custom login-welcome page?

MrsMiaTanaka

Hello everyone!
I am wanting to upgrade from my phpBB forum. The alternative is either vBulletin or XenForo. I am leading toward the latter due to the price and vBulletin crosses me as extremely complicated.
But in the end, it is the most flexible software I will end up buying.

I am creating a small study-group website for my school, and I need it to be private, and very simplistic on the outside. I have seen the login/error screen of XenForo when guests cannot view the forum, is it possible to edit that page into something like this:

IfA8Nm1.png

This is a foreign website but it showcases kind of what I am looking for. A very simplistic index, that forces you to login to see the board, kind of like the user option on XenForo where guests cannot view the node.

It has a small guest message (in korean) with the logo and login url, exchange the "home" url with "register" and I've got just what I am looking for.

just wondering if it is even possible with this software without doing some crazy coding.

The general view permission can be applied to the entire forum, which would show the same login error screen for anyone not logged in.

You can test that in the online demo.

The general view permission can be applied to the entire forum, which would show the same login error screen for anyone not logged in.

You can test that in the online demo.

Yes, I've tried so.
But I can not find access to any template that would let me edit that login error to something customary. I tried asking a friend who has a XenForo license but he told me he has no idea as he never used the "hidden" mode.

Edit: I think this thread might explain what I wonder about easier than my own
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/how-to-customize-login-page.30470/

Last edited:
It would be possible to customise the error page, either by editing templates or via an add-on for a totally custom solution.

Do you know if XenForo has any addons for such a specific thing? I want a very simplistc login page before you can enter the forum, one without the logo or footer showing before login. Copyright can show, dont matter.

If XenForo has something that will help me with what I am looking for that would help me determining my software

Hello again @Brogan
I am playing around with the demo and by looking at other threads I found out how to edit that error_login page.

Can I somehow hide the "footer" from guests, everything except the copyright? And only have signed users see it? As well as the (banner) or top menu?
That'd pretty much let me do what I want with your software! I found out I can edit the login form itself inside error_with login

Top Bottom