XF 1.5 How Can I Edit the Registration/Login Page?

XnForFanKN

I would like to add a few sentences of text to my Xenforo login/registration page? What is the best way to do this?

For example, if you make template modifications to the template "register_macros". Maybe a few lines in the extra.less file will be enough.
Since you don't say exactly what you want to do, it's hard to say.

For example, if you make template modifications to the template "register_macros". Maybe a few lines in the extra.less file will be enough.
Since you don't say exactly what you want to do, it's hard to say.
Thank you very much for the response. Where would I find the "register_macros" template? I thought it would be in Appearance > Templates, but there is no template in there with that name. Is there a different place that I might find it?

My login/registration page is located at /login, and it is very basic right now. What I would like to do is add a paragraph to the page explaining why users should register. Ideally, the paragraph would be placed above the login box where users would type in their username. It would also be fine if the paragraph was placed at the way top of the page. I have the paragraph itself written out, so I just need to know how to insert the text on to that page.

Thank you very much for the response. Where would I find the "register_macros" template? I thought it would be in Appearance > Templates, but there is no template in there with that name. Is there a different place that I might find it?
It should be there.

Screen Shot 2023-08-04 at 11.23.25 AM.webp

Use the search box where you see regist inserted in the upper right.

Thank you very much for all of your help. I did find the register_form template now, but how exactly would I add the text to the template? What do I need to add and then edit?

So when I add the paragraph, what is the best way to get it added by using that template? Do you have an example something like:

Look for "this text" in the template.
Add "this text" here in the template.
Edit the part in red with the text you want to add.
?

Something like that would be very helpful. Thank you.

The problem you are going to have is very few are still using the 1.5 line.
Odds are you can simply create a new phrase and then include that phrase in the template where you want it.

Thank you. Okay, I created the phrase, and I put the paragraph that I want to add to the page as the phrase text. I am now trying to call up the phrase, but for some reason it isn't displaying on the page. Where in the template coding would be the best place to insert the phrase? I am editing the register_form template, and the code that I am adding to the template is:

{xen:phrase name_of_phrase}

But no changes appear on the login/sign-up page, so either I'm putting that code in the wrong place or something else isn't working. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!

I don't have 1.5 installed, and my VPS is sitting on PHP 8.1 so I can't install 1.5 to test.
Put the template you are editing in a code box and may be able to help.

Top Bottom