XF 1.3 Custom Fields Grabbing Info From DB

Jaspahh

Hello,

Would it be possible for a custom profile field to grab information from a database?
I am asking this for a Minecraft server I am running and it has a special feature where you get 'Tokens" from killing players and referring your friends to the server... it is stored in a database and I would like to know if we could grab it from that database and display it in the custom field for it to show in the postbit.

It would read the username of the member on the forums and match it to the username of the player inside the game from the database.

An explanation of how to do this would be great.

Cheers,
Adrian M

A custom user field stores the content in the database and can be displayed in the message user info block, yes.

If you want to populate that programmatically with data from another table/column, then it will require custom development.

If you need custom development then there's no reason to use a custom user field; you may as well just do a custom solution.

A custom user field stores the content in the database and can be displayed in the message user info block, yes.

If you want to populate that programmatically with data from another table/column, then it will require custom development.

If you need custom development then there's no reason to use a custom user field; you may as well just do a custom solution.

you're right Brogan, but the thing is I want to avoid spending any money on developers so I tried to figure out if this would be possible to achieve with your average xenForo user.

Top Bottom