XF 1.3 Custom database migration

I have a custom forum with a custom database structure that i want to migrate to Xenforo with a python script.
I managed to transfer users, profiles, posts, nodes, ... and everything went well except for two things.

Attachments
  1. What is the proper way to generate the file_hash value that will be used in attachment_data.file_hash and in the name of the file?
  2. Is the correct filename format <attachment_data.data_id>-<file_hash>.data ? What about the content of the file, is it changed before being saved?
User to admin

In ACP > Users > Admin, there ain't no users, even though i'm super admin. When i try to change a user to admin, the user still can't connect to the ACP and the Admin page is still empty.

Any help would be welcome

1) file_hash is a md5 of the file data.

2) Correct.

library/XenForo/Model/Attachment.php

Code:
	/**
	 * Gets the full path to this attachment's data.
	 * @param array $data Attachment data info
	 * @param string Internal data path
	 * @return string
	 */
	public function getAttachmentDataFilePath(array $data, $internalDataPath = null)
	{
		if ($internalDataPath === null)
		{
			$internalDataPath = XenForo_Helper_File::getInternalDataPath();
		}

return sprintf('%s/attachments/%d/%d-%s.data',
			$internalDataPath,
			floor($data['data_id'] / 1000),
			$data['data_id'],
			$data['file_hash']
		);
	}

/**
	 * Gets the full path to this attachment's thumbnail.
	 * @param array $data Attachment data info
	 * @param string External data path
	 * @return string
	 */
	public function getAttachmentThumbnailFilePath(array $data, $externalDataPath = null)
	{
		if ($externalDataPath === null)
		{
			$externalDataPath = XenForo_Helper_File::getExternalDataPath();
		}

return sprintf('%s/attachments/%d/%d-%s.jpg',
			$externalDataPath,
			floor($data['data_id'] / 1000),
			$data['data_id'],
			$data['file_hash']
		);
	}

The content is just the raw file data.

Thank you!

What about the admin problem please? "In ACP > Users > Admin, there ain't no users, even though i'm super admin. When i try to change a user to admin, the user can't connect to the ACP and the Admin page is still empty."

Thank you!

What about the admin problem please? "In ACP > Users > Admin, there ain't no users, even though i'm super admin. When i try to change a user to admin, the user can't connect to the ACP and the Admin page is still empty."

Yours is a custom import so I can only provide general information about user accounts.

In terms of database records, every user is required to have a record in each of these tables:

xf_user
xf_user_authenticate
xf_user_option
xf_user_privacy
xf_user_profile

Regarding admin access, this might help:

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...min-password-through-mysql.20494/#post-262022

Top Bottom