Resource icon

Custom BB Code Manager v1.3.4

No permission to download
Hi guys

I'm trying to port an old bbcode I used from phpBB. It was to display a football pitch and the users could enter the players names they wanted to appear in each position.

Usage...

Code:
[formation="TEXT" GK="NAME" D="NAME" DM="NAME" M="NAME" AM="NAME" S="NAME"]TEXT[/formation]

The replacement was something like this...

HTML:
<div style="font-size:13px;color:#fff;width:700px;height:218px;background: url(background_image_url) 0 0 no-repeat;position:relative;">
<div style="position:absolute;bottom:20px; left:65px;color:#ececec;font-size:14px;color:#184c00;"><strong>Formation:TEXT</strong></div>
<div style="position:absolute;width:700px;bottom:50px;text-align:center;text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px rgb(29, 43, 96);">NAME</div>
<div style="position:absolute;width:700px;bottom:95px;text-align:center;word-spacing:60px;text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px rgb(29, 43, 96);">NAME</div>
<div style="position:absolute;width:700px;bottom:125px;text-align:center;word-spacing:80px;text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px rgb(29, 43, 96);">NAME</div>
<div style="position:absolute;width:700px;top:50px;text-align:center;word-spacing:40px;text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px rgb(29, 43, 96);">NAME</div>
<div style="position:absolute;width:700px;top:25px;text-align:center;word-spacing:80px;text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px rgb(29, 43, 96);">NAME</div>
<div style="position:absolute;width:700px;top:5px;text-align:center;word-spacing:80px;text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px rgb(29, 43, 96);">NAME</div>
</div>
<p style="font-size:12px;color:#666;padding:8px;"><i>TEXT</i></p>

Is something like this possible with this add-on?

Thanks

The addon works as described.

It adds some queries to every thread page. To avoid this, first enter every additional bbcode. Then run every query in Models/CustomBbCode.php in phpmyadmin and export every single one to "PHP". Then add the output to CustomBbCode.php and outcomment the queries. Then you have all the functionality and no queries on thread pages. Of course once you add or edit bbcodes, you have to do everything again.

It adds some queries to every thread page. To avoid this, first enter every additional bbcode. Then run every query in Models/CustomBbCode.php in phpmyadmin and export every single one to "PHP". Then add the output to CustomBbCode.php and outcomment the queries. Then you have all the functionality and no queries on thread pages. Of course once you add or edit bbcodes, you have to do everything again.
A little more in depth would help the users understand more and make it clearer for them on how to do this.

Sorry I dont have time for more explanation now. I am hard working on my server to make it faster. Once I have completed that, I can help here more. But I hope I gave enough ideas for the author :)

The addon is great and the queries it adds are neglible as they are so fast executed. But anyway, no queries are better for me. :)

Was Marcus responding to my question? Crikey. I just read that and assume it was for someone else. :LOL:

Is there a guide anywhere?

Case, I think your replacement needs to have actually two replacements. I think thats not possible with this modification :( But I am not really sure. I tried the same as you a half year before and could not solve that problem.

Hi guys

I'm trying to port an old bbcode I used from phpBB. It was to display a football pitch and the users could enter the players names they wanted to appear in each position.

Usage...

Code:
[formation="TEXT" GK="NAME" D="NAME" DM="NAME" M="NAME" AM="NAME" S="NAME"]TEXT[/formation]

The replacement was something like this...

HTML:
<div style="font-size:13px;color:#fff;width:700px;height:218px;background: url(background_image_url) 0 0 no-repeat;position:relative;">
<div style="position:absolute;bottom:20px; left:65px;color:#ececec;font-size:14px;color:#184c00;"><strong>Formation:TEXT</strong></div>
<div style="position:absolute;width:700px;bottom:50px;text-align:center;text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px rgb(29, 43, 96);">NAME</div>
<div style="position:absolute;width:700px;bottom:95px;text-align:center;word-spacing:60px;text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px rgb(29, 43, 96);">NAME</div>
<div style="position:absolute;width:700px;bottom:125px;text-align:center;word-spacing:80px;text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px rgb(29, 43, 96);">NAME</div>
<div style="position:absolute;width:700px;top:50px;text-align:center;word-spacing:40px;text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px rgb(29, 43, 96);">NAME</div>
<div style="position:absolute;width:700px;top:25px;text-align:center;word-spacing:80px;text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px rgb(29, 43, 96);">NAME</div>
<div style="position:absolute;width:700px;top:5px;text-align:center;word-spacing:80px;text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px rgb(29, 43, 96);">NAME</div>
</div>
<p style="font-size:12px;color:#666;padding:8px;"><i>TEXT</i></p>

Is something like this possible with this add-on?

Thanks
Very much possible. It won't be in that way (formation, gk, d, dm, m, am, s = etc). It'll be: [formation=text,name,name,name,name,name]TEXT[/formation]. And you'd use {1}, {2}, {3}, {4}, {5}, etc. Look at the multiple options features.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/custom-bb-code-manager.27125/page-3#post-360891

Yeah ! You're back :)
Mostly. I quit my job at Arby's and got a job developing mobile websites. I worked for a month straight to get a major project for our company out on time (updating our largest client's site to work with their update). It was a lot of intense programming and meant I didn't do much other than program that for a long time. I've launched said site and now have what's a small bit of free time. :)

Mostly. I quit my job at Arby's and got a job developing mobile websites. I worked for a month straight to get a major project for our company out on time (updating our largest client's site to work with their update). It was a lot of intense programming and meant I didn't do much other than program that for a long time. I've launched said site and now have what's a small bit of free time. :)
Congratulations for your new job then ! :)

Thanks! Thoroughly enjoying myself with it and learning a lot more about programming (My JS skills have more than doubled from when I started so that should generally improve elsewhere).
Same for me about JS, thanks to TinyMCE and XenForo ;) But when I'm looking the XenForo Js files... well, it's really impressive. Can you send the link of the website you've worked on or is it private?

Were you alone??? Impressive.
No, I had a front end developer who would work mostly on making it look pretty. I handle the backend and data. But it was a replatform of their software (they got new software) which meant the backend needed rewritten and we were given about a month of access pre-launch so I had to work like crazy. It was a blast. I can claim doing several others, and lets just say my PHP skills have greatly increased. But yes, I was alone on the backend portion, that's how most projects function.

Can't get the formation code working.

This is how I've got it set up...

eoSnw.jpg

Simple Replacement Start:

HTML:
<div style="font-size:13px;color:#fff;width:700px;height:218px;background: url(background_img_url) 0 0 no-repeat;position:relative;"><div style="position:absolute;bottom:20px; left:65px;color:#ececec;font-size:14px;color:#184c00;"><strong>Formation: 4-3-3</strong></div><div style="position:absolute;width:700px;bottom:50px;text-align:center;text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px rgb(29, 43, 96);">{1}</div><div style="position:absolute;width:700px;bottom:95px;text-align:center;word-spacing:60px;text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px rgb(29, 43, 96);">{2} {3} {4} {5}</div><div style="position:absolute;width:700px;bottom:125px;text-align:center;word-spacing:80px;text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px rgb(29, 43, 96);"></div><div style="position:absolute;width:700px;top:50px;text-align:center;word-spacing:40px;text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px rgb(29, 43, 96);">{6} {7} {8} {9}</div><div style="position:absolute;width:700px;top:25px;text-align:center;word-spacing:80px;text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px rgb(29, 43, 96);"></div><div style="position:absolute;width:700px;top:5px;text-align:center;word-spacing:80px;text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px rgb(29, 43, 96);">{10} {11)</div></div><p style="font-size:12px;color:#666;padding:8px;"><i>

Simple Replacement end:

HTML:
</i></p>

Any help appreciated. :)

[442="option1, option2"]

Should include the space, or tell me more specifically the error is.

Top Bottom