XF 1.4 Custom avatar/attachment file error; Plesk

bkurkjian

I'm getting this error when trying to merge Xenforo with Phpbb3.

upload_2014-10-5_8-25-41.webp

Using these extensions:

upload_2014-10-5_8-26-54.webp

Has anyone else had success or know the correct pathway using Plesk through godaddy?

The path you're entering isn't actually correct -- it needs to be the absolute path on the server. I don't know where your phpBB files are, but I'm guessing before the httpdocs part, you actually want G:\PleskVhosts\heavenlychristianforums.com .

The path you're entering isn't actually correct -- it needs to be the absolute path on the server. I don't know where your phpBB files are, but I'm guessing before the httpdocs part, you actually want G:\PleskVhosts\heavenlychristianforums.com .

Just tried that new pathway added on to the other, still not working.

Please expand on "not working". What message do you get?

In general, I can't tell you the path to use as it's specific to how your server is setup. Your host would be able to give you guidance with the additional specifics they would know/have access to.

Please expand on "not working". What message do you get?

In general, I can't tell you the path to use as it's specific to how your server is setup. Your host would be able to give you guidance with the additional specifics they would know/have access to.

Sorry about the vagueness. I'm getting the same error message (below). Also, why is it suggesting a pathway pointing to my C: in a windows temp file?

upload_2014-10-5_20-34-5.webp

Try just creating a dummy directory in your XenForo installation called phpbbavatars, then just enter that in the field.

upload_2014-10-6_9-17-29.webp

I just tested that on my local and it validated, allowing me to start the import.

You seem to have a very strange open_basedir value -- broken slashing system (for Windows) and a double slash in there. You probably need to talk to your host about that as it may trigger other problems.

You can get away with entering "." as the directory too.

Yes, you have installed XenForo in /upload rather than the root.

You will need to delete/archive the phpBB installation from the root and move the XenForo files there.

You can purchase the official installation service from your customer area.

That only covers installation of XenForo though, not importing from other software.

Thank you. I actually had my service provider do a reset for me. I did the XenForo install on my refreshed platform and then uploaded my old phpbb sql file and imported from there, to the right directory and used the "." to bypass the avatar debacle. Everything is where its supposed to be now and working just dandy! Thank you all for your help.

Top Bottom