Scalability of avatar/attachment storage

Which sync software are you using? Csync, rsync?
Is there anyone here use NFS to share folders?

I guess what I'm getting at is that as a site that gets a couple of million views a day, we don't have any problems with Xenforo and syncing images across multiple servers (we have 7 servers for this particular site).

The best solution is either storing attachments/avatars on a separate server or on CDN. I modified vBulletin so now our big board is hosting attachments on a separate server. Huge improvement and highly suggest doing so.
How do you store Uploaded files to a separate server? Which protocol?

If you are going to use a CDN to serve avatar files, make sure it support query cache busting. Amazon Web Services does not support this so I have to serve avatar from MaxCDN and everything else from AWS, lol.

Although I could do an htaccess rewrite and possibly get it to work, but I am to lazy right now. :)

I mean which way/protocol you use to store images/attachments files to this server (from Web Servers)?
I would also be interested in the answer to this question. What is your method for getting the attachments over to that other server, Mert?

XenForo so far has 1 draw back.... The database is huge in size. I noticed when switching to XenForo, before even my members started posting, the database was larger (almost double). And when helping a XenForo site to switch else where, their database became smaller (almost cut in 1/2).

Now imagine adding attachements into it?! :eek:

Top Bottom