1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Custom and different Sidebar in categories

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Slind, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Slind

Slind Active Member

hey,

is it possible to create a custom sidebar with different content to categories?
    When yes, how can I add a custom playerlist to the sidebar like "Staff Online Now"?

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

You'd need a resource for this, I believe.

3. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

4. Slind

Slind Active Member

If I edit the forum_view then is the content globaI and not only in one category or not?

Is there a finished addon?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  5. Jeremy

No, it isn't the global template. There are several widget frameworks in the resources.

6. Slind

Slind Active Member

Forum_view is not the categorie_view... and if I edit the forum or categorie_view then is in all categories this sidebar and not only in categorie Alpha.

On categorie Alpha should the users Alex and Bernd on the sidebar displayed.
    On categorie Delta the users Tom and Kira.

7. HenrikHansen

HenrikHansen Well-Known Member

If you use xfrocks widget framework you do not have to edit templates at all, much simpler and safer

8. Jeremy

Use conditionals. See @Brogan's resource.

9. Slind

Slind Active Member

Ok, now I have the example text at the bottom of the category how do I get it in the sidebar and display a custom list of players?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  10. Jeremy

You will either need an addon to fetch the data or you can hard code them.