Current design needs some work...

wii

I suggest a larger logo and get rid of the current header forum color, what about something like this?

Attachments

• Untitled-1.gif
    Untitled-1.gif
    57.5 KB · Views: 101
I suggest a larger logo and get rid of the current header forum color, what about something like this?

I really disagree... Much prefer the current version to your... Though you will have full template control when it comes to you so you can do what you want with it :D

Its not perfect, as what one person likes, another will dislike.

The issues that I have with the design are pretty small, and I can do the changes myself readily enough.

Well, design is always a matter of preference, but I really do think the current logo is too small, but yes, it will be no problem in changing it I'm sure.....

Well, design is always a matter of preference, but I really do think the current logo is too small, but yes, it will be no problem in changing it I'm sure.....

The size of the logo would only really matter the first visit really, because after the first visit, most people will ignore the header (Unless they're purposely looking at it for something).

Its also unlikely someone is going to keep the default logo on a live board (That is meant for traffic), and they easily have the choice to increase the text size or to do whatever.

Sorry wii, but your design suggestion would, in my opinion, be a downgrade and revert back to the vBulletin look.

Having the background color jump from blue to grey is a subtle but important delineation of navigation vs. content. Also, having a smaller logo again emphasizes the content and de-emphasizes the company logo. Content is king.

Honestly I have to agree with the others and say that what we have currently is better. There is too much whitespace (in this case blue) in your mockup. It looks odd and restricts the content. I prefer the lightweight, fluid-width design we have now. It emphasizes the content and lets everything else just kind of stay out of your way. :)

Also, having a smaller logo again emphasizes the content and de-emphasizes the company logo. Content is king.
This. :)

I would prefer this design:

kcmrtdri.png

But the current design is fine too. ;)

@brandon

yes I know. But I like it at the bottom. But I don`t expect a change, so I will do that by myself ;)

It doesn't look too bad at the bottom your implementation of it isn't actually that bad.. :D...

I personally prefer it on the side as it breaks the width of the page up slightly which currently on a high resolution PC is a great thing... :D

Each to their own though

The current style is much better looking then your, good thing you can easily change it. (Atleast I belive it will be an easy template system :))
@Sonic2k - It looks good with the stats at the bottom but like many other I prefer it on the side.

Top Bottom