1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Curious and have questions!

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Cambion, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Cambion

Cambion Well-Known Member

Former customer currently entertaining the idea of a return to the platform(Surprise to some, i am sure lol)

Anyway here are my question as of now(If i think of more i'll add them)

My questions are as follows...

1. Is there a Mod for a Store?
    Something that allows users to gain forum money/points that can be utilized to allow them to "Purchase" virtual things from the store.

i seem to remember a mod being made/discussed sometime last year that had like a credit system but you couldn't do anything with the credit/points which made it entirely useless for me.

2. What type of Profile customization does XF currently support? I want to say i think i saw cover photos may be apart of the core or maybe it was a mod...I am not sure really. But i do want to know if users have the ability to customize their profiles.

3. Is there(Either built-in or 3rd party) a way to showcase recent POSTS . I know there was a mod when i used it that showed the recent threads when someone created a new thread but i want to make it easier for people to see when new posts are made in already existing threads without needing to go to View New posts tab

4. I know about taiga chat pro but are there any other decent chat add-ons i should check out? I used ajax chat last year when we used XF which was not that good of an experience.
    @Russ knows my thoughts and preference to IP chat on IP Board so he knows that this one is a biggie to me :p

anyway thanks for the help in advance :p
  2. mistypants

mistypants Well-Known Member

Nothing in core, there are add-ons for cover photos though.
    These built in pages display new posts as threads:

There might be a block available for the widget framework to display a listing of new posts.
    Cambion likes this.
  3. Nudaii

Nudaii Well-Known Member

1: ******* has a digital item store (siggie stuff etc)
    2: with alittle mod work you can do pretty much anything for profiles, i used to have a system where members could adapt the css of their profile , add cover images, music etc.
    3: there is a widget for it, select threads render and selected recently updated (recently updated = new posts)
    4: my site enjoys cometchat, 3rd party but combines chatroom and messenger well.