Third party Ctrl-shift+arrow Editor selection start point resets after some time

Xon

Affected version
XF2.x
Reproduce steps
  1. Add some words to the editor
  2. Hold CTRL+SHIFT, and then use mostly-Left Arrow key to select multiple words so that the start-point is to the left of the original cursor.
  3. Pause for 2 to 3 seconds.
  4. Hold CTRL+SHIFT and press Left/Right Arrow keys.
  5. Note the selection cursor now starts selecting/deselecting words at the right-most of the selection, instead of continuing from the left-most of the selection.

Issue confirmed. Also, if you attempt to copy by clicking with your mouse on the word, and then while you drag to select other words you also press CTRL, the selection gets completely canceled and you have to start over. Pretty frustrating IMHO.

Unfortunately this was previously reported to Froala and it was closed, though I'm not entirely sure the developer understood the reproduction steps fully.

I have since created a new issue in an attempt to make it clearer:
Hopefully we'll see some changes as a result.

Unfortunately this was previously reported to Froala and it was closed, though I'm not entirely sure the developer understood the reproduction steps fully.
This time they decided to add the “enhancement” label... Someone oughta tell them that “it’s not a bug, it’s an unexpected feature” is meant to be a joke 😛

I find that label frustrating, especially without context, but I won't let it bother me. To be fair, the "enhancements" do tend to get fixed in the next or a recent version.

No.

The editor bug has been fixed for Windows users in the current build of XF (running here).

The bug persists in macOS, however.

Top Bottom