CTA Table BB Code

CTA Table BB Code 1.1.1

No permission to download
How can i get CENTER the Table on Post ?
If i use the *center*-Tag there only will center de Text but not the table.
If i add some margin in css they will not work.

Can you link me to a post that has used this? So I can check the CSS. Position shouldn't only work with text but the whole div. Unless you're doing it on <li> or something.

Where is EXTRA.css where the custom code can be added?

How To Install
1. Download and unzip
2. Import the .xml like any other add-on (not via the Import Custom BB Codes option)
3. Add this line to the top of EXTRA.css: <xen:include template="cta_bbcode.css" />

I'm not sure if I am doing this right. Am I to enter each and every cell's value manually using the BBcode?

So in Brogan's example:
This is a header cellThis is a header cell
[TR1][TD]This is a left aligned cell[/TD][TD1]This is a centre aligned cell[/TD1][/TR1][TR2][TD2]This is a right aligned cell[/TD2][TD]Left aligned[/TD][/TR2][TR1][TD1]Centre aligned[/TD1][TD2]Right aligned[/TD2][/TR1]

I edit each cell's content by manually and individually deleting and entering each cell value? There's gotta be an easier way to do this?
Brogan, your Fantasy F1 League example, a table like that would take hours if not days to do.

Brogan, is there a guide to how to do this contatenate function? Tried googling but I don't understand how I would apply to this add-on.

Forgive me for my amateurishness-- I'm still unclear. But what about the tags before and after each value? Do you enter these manually?

So in your example,
This is a header cellThis is a header cell
[TR1][TD]This is a left aligned cell[/TD][TD1]This is a centre aligned cell[/TD1][/TR1][TR2][TD2]This is a right aligned cell[/TD2][TD]Left aligned[/TD][/TR2][TR1][TD1]Centre aligned[/TD1][TD2]Right aligned[/TD2][/TR1]

Suppose I concatenated the cells using Excel, doesn't each cell require BBCode tags like [TR] [TH]? Otherwise all I will have is "This is a header cell This is a header cell This is a left aligned cell This is a centre aligned cell"...etc.

There is no easy way of building up the template - it's going to require a certain amount of manual input for the tags and content.

The concatenation is done once that is complete.

There is no easy way of building up the template - it's going to require a certain amount of manual input for the tags and content.

The concatenation is done once that is complete.

So I don't understand how you create a table like Fantasy F1 League so fast? Is there a "template" you use that saves time in entering each tags? Could you share?

You're probably better off posting on an MS or Excel related support site for help with concatenation.

My question is actually not with concatenation using excel. I understand that this function is used to combine multiple cells into one. I'm now just asking about how to assign tags for each cell in a fast and easy way so it actually comes out in a table format.

I realize this add-on is no longer supported, but is this too complicated for you to answer? Or too elementary for you to explain? You don't have time or just don't care?

@Brogan

I need to be in a position to flexibly choose different background colors for table data cells (something like 15-20 variants).

It'd be great to use the option parameter in HTML replacement to specify color code inline. It does work now, but I'm not sure it is future-proof as the bgcolor attribute of <td> is not supported in HTML5. Or am I missing something here?

Using CSS would be fine, too, except for the fact that dealing with this many of color variants would require just as many discreet BB codes.

What would be your advice?

Top Bottom