1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Partial Fix CSS Templates with same name show as if included

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Russ, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Possibly intentional... and possibly posted before, but it just seems inconsistent to me unless I'm looking past something.

bug1.png

This screenshot shows custom_footer.css as if it's being called already via customer_footer, however it's clearly not. Any template in which you have the same name for the CSS template will do this.

Just seems like the "customer_footer.css" shouldn't be showing unless I actually require the template.

2. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

Confirmed

If it is intentional, it makes one think the template is included automatically until you realize it doesn't load the css :p

upload_2013-10-15_21-30-29.png

Adam Howard and 0xym0r0n like this.
  3. 0xym0r0n

0xym0r0n Well-Known Member

Yep I've noticed this but I kinda like it since I usually associate the two.

Adam Howard likes this.
  4. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Same, it's nice however I think it should auto-require the CSS or just not show the tab, not tease us :D

Adam Howard and 0xym0r0n like this.
  5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It was intentional. I think it's mostly for the CSS that is always included, but this is an edge case -- I think header is the only one missing an edithint for header.css. I agree it can be misleading.

As such, I've removed this behavior.

0xym0r0n, Jon W and Russ like this.
  6. Mike

Hmm actually, I just realized the other situation is for loading "tertiary" templates.

For example, when you open PAGE_CONTAINER, it loads all the templates included in it (like header), but it doesn't analyze those templates. It does, however, automatically load corresponding CSS templates (header.css).

Not sure I want to remove that advantage...

0xym0r0n likes this.
  7. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I'd prefer it to stay then :D, I think this is the first time it's ever been brought up on the forums that I could find, so wouldn't want to remove that advantage.

0xym0r0n likes this.
  8. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Wouldn't the solution be to always include CSS templates with the same name if they exist and not have to explicitly include a <xen:require> tag?

0xym0r0n likes this.
  9. Mike

Sort of, but it's not really feasible to detect that in the short term.

I'm making a small tweak here, but I'm mostly keeping the automated behavior when getting second level templates. For the primary template, we no longer automatically appear to include the CSS template.