XF 1.1 CSS Sprites

In an attempt to decrease the number of HTTP requests made (and thereby speed up pages), virtually all of XenForo 1.1's UI icon graphics come from just two sprites.

xenforo-ui-sprite.png

xenforo-ui-sprite.png

node-sprite.png

node-sprite.png
Attached below are the 24 bit versions of the same sprites, for those of you who wish to edit them but don't have a graphic program which supports the 8 bit versions.

Attachments

• node-sprite-24-bit.webp
    node-sprite-24-bit.webp
    2.8 KB · Views: 196
  • xenforo-ui-sprite-24-bit.webp
    xenforo-ui-sprite-24-bit.webp
    5.2 KB · Views: 195
Hello *waves* is there an updated version of the 24bit xenforo-ui-sprite.png for beta3? Please? Begging here :D

apologies if this has already been answered; i've skim-read the thread and can't see that it has..

can i turn this feature off and have the traditional "upload a bitmap and assign it a smiley shortcut" method? i realise, from a developer point of view, this CSS method must be great, but for those of us who aren't developers and just want to chuck the odd new smiley up as-and-when it's not ideal.. my current punbb forum has dozens of custom smilies, all of different dimensions, mostly animated GIFs, and i want the shortcuts to remain the same so that when i migrate the forum to xenforo all the posts will show the correct smilies for the relevant shortcut (e.g. :grr: will show as
emot-argh.gif
, etc.)..

Yes, I don't use sprites for my smilies.
sorry, my bad - i should have at least checked the admin CP before i posted.. the option is there, and is as simple to use as you would imagine!

i think my brain confused/lumped together CSS smilies and CSS sprites for node lists/etc, which i was struggling with when i made the above post, so i assumed i would have a problem with smilies because i am having problems with the node list sprites.. obviously, this isn't the case - the smilies are dead easy to use :)

As are node icons.

It can all be changed very easily in Style Properties and/or EXTRA.css.

I don't use sprites for node icons either.

In an attempt to decrease the number of HTTP requests made (and thereby speed up pages), virtually all of XenForo 1.1's UI icon graphics come from just two sprites.

xenforo-ui-sprite.png

xenforo-ui-sprite.png

node-sprite.png

node-sprite.png
Attached below are the 24 bit versions of the same sprites, for those of you who wish to edit them but don't have a graphic program which supports the 8 bit versions.

can you supply the PhotoShop PSD file for these?

Top Bottom