css as files storable?

Marcus

Are css files stored as files possible? In this case the browser only loads the css once (if you setup your apache server right).

If you setup your web server correctly, as you noted, XenForo's dynamically-generated CSS files will be sent with the correct "Content-Type" and "Expires" HTTP headers and will be cached in the browser as any "static" .css file would.

I don't have a XenForo forum (yet), but caching and speed is an important factor for me. I determined that by examining the HTTP headers for the CSS "files" (using the Live HTTP Headers Firefox plugin) directly while loading different pages here.

Thanks for the idea. As there are hundreds of xf forums live I am curious to see at least one which did that. As this is very important for speed - for a member / regular user who creates content, not for the random guest who's most important for ad income :)

As I mentioned, that's being done here, on the official XenForo boards, and that's probably how it would work most anywhere unless XenForo somehow over-rides the server's default "Expires" time-out header for text/css content.

Top Bottom