CSF Issue

Tower

Hey Guys,
I have a really ANNOYING issue. I somehow keep getting ipbanned from my server. I have white listed, ignored, my ip. I have checked the deny file, nothing. I am able to get on the site on my phone, logged into wifi that is on the same connection as this computer. Any ideas?

If your IP address isn't showing up in the deny file, then it isn't CSF that's blocking you. This is especially true if you are able to use your phone on the wifi (same IP address). You wouldn't be able to log in from your phone either, using the same connection.

Are you getting any sort of error message? Can you ping the server from your computer? That's a weird one for sure.

If your IP address isn't showing up in the deny file, then it isn't CSF that's blocking you. This is especially true if you are able to use your phone on the wifi (same IP address). You wouldn't be able to log in from your phone either, using the same connection.

Are you getting any sort of error message? Can you ping the server from your computer? That's a weird one for sure.
I do not receive any error message, just the typical browser message that it cannot connect.I restarted the server, as of right now I can view the website from my computer. We will see how long that lasts, I correctly can ping it. I used linode, with centmin script. It is so weird, no other user is reporting any issue except for me.

I do not receive any error message, just the typical browser message that it cannot connect.I restarted the server, as of right now I can view the website from my computer. We will see how long that lasts, I correctly can ping it. I used linode, with centmin script. It is so weird, no other user is reporting any issue except for me.
Just happened again, I am blocked from SSH, too :(

If your using cPanel. Check cPHulk under security options.

I was going to mention that, but he says he can access it using his phone on the same exact network (which would mean same IP address). That's the part that's throwing me. Makes absolutely no sense, unless something is blocking the MAC address, and that's so unlikely.

I was going to mention that, but he says he can access it using his phone on the same exact network (which would mean same IP address). That's the part that's throwing me. Makes absolutely no sense, unless something is blocking the MAC address, and that's so unlikely.

Ahh missed that part. Though sometimes it's pretty easy to think your phone is using WiFi, but will connect to the carrier too without really noticing or sometimes if WiFi isn't responding but still appearing to be on WiFi.

Unless he is using an Chrome on android, and has the less band with mode enabled, and his site isn't over SSL, so then connection is going through Google's server instead...

hi guys thanks for the responses. No currently I use centmin. I use android on chrome, which I did try to use my laptop and it didn't work. I am not sure what happened , but so far the issue has been resolved.

And just to confirm, your phone is using the exact same network, IP address, etc. as your computer? You're not using the 4G network or such?
No i am not, I think I might of discovered the issue. Could having too many windows for the same website open cause any ipban?

No i am not, I think I might of discovered the issue. Could having too many windows for the same website open cause any ipban?

Yes. Just depends on the settings, how many connections are allowed within a given timeframe, etc, but definitely possible.

The problem with that, however, is that the IP would/should show up in your Deny list, and tell you the exact reason why, i.e. xx connections within 300 seconds, or whatever.

The fact that your IP address is not showing up in the block list is very perplexing.

Top Bottom