As designed Crons from disabled add-on not 'disabled'.

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
While they don't run (they don't have any next run time text), they're still checked as enabled.

This confused me for a few moments :)

Liam

That checkbox reflects the state of the actual cron though, so it should be checked.

That checkbox reflects the state of the actual cron though, so it should be checked.
I see what you mean but you could have multiple perspectives on this. Technically due to the add-on being disabled, the cron isn't actually active (hence it not executing). Once the add-on is enabled again it'll automatically be active again.

I'm kind of with Liam in the sense that there should be a visual indication that the cron won't run, maybe strike through such as on the add-on list. Although I guess now this is a suggestion rather than a bug.

I'm kind of with Liam in the sense that there should be a visual indication that the cron won't run
I don't disagree with this part, but I was responding more to the specifics of the report. Changing the checkbox behavior would actually make it so that it's impossible to (quickly) know the active status of the cron when the add-on is disabled (so you wouldn't know the state when it was re-enabled). However much more signifcantly, toggling the status of one cron would actually truly disable the cron for any disabled add-on (regardless of original state).

I for one, would like to see the disabled addon's crons not even show up in the cron list. But yeah, I guess this is more of a suggestion

Top Bottom