1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Cron tasks not working

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by nainino, Apr 24, 2016.

1. nainino

nainino New Member

Hi,

I have a new website with 13 members on my forum.

I only have one user group promotion actually. When new members register on my forum, they need to fill out a form to introduce themselves. When the form is filled, a new thread is created in the forum. That's where the user group promotion comes in : whenever a member has at least 1 message, he is added to a custom group I made called " Verified members "

It worked perfectly for approx. 48 hours and then, it suddenly stopped working by itself. I tried executing it manually and it worked one time. I thought I was not waiting enough time to let the cron tasks run so I stopped worrying about it.

2 days later, I realize that, even if my members filled out their introduction form, they are not in the group : " Verified members ". I tried settings the criterias to the bare minimum and executing the task manually, and it's not working at all... Even my newest member is not showing the good member ( I tried running the task manually too )

Edit: I also tried disabling every addon I had, but no success.

Can you please help me ? ( I don't know anything about cron tasks, I don't know if it is a server related or software related issue. )

Nicolas

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Is the "Next Run" time in the future?

Admin CP -> Tools -> Cron Entries -> User Group Promotions

Promotions are run hourly. You may wish to manually run the cron after creating the promotion:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Cron Entries -> User Group Promotions -> Controls: Run

And even if you manually run the cron it only processes users who have been active in the last 3 days.

3. nainino

nainino New Member

Yes, every " Next run " times are in the future and I also tried to run the cron entries manually.

I also tried removing a member who posted something today ( to make sure he was active ) and who was previously promoted by the cron entry then running the cron entries manually but it did nothing.

When you click " Run " on a cron entry, is there any kind of delay ? Whenever I click Run, there is no delay, the page instantly switch to another page saying :
    Cron entry was run successfully.

4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Also note that the cron doesn't process invalid users (awaiting email confirmation or moderation) or banned users.

If this still doesn't explain it then please submit a ticket with your XF URL and admin login so we can take a look:

https://xenforo.com/customers/