1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cron Invalid Callback

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by Betclever, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Betclever

Betclever Active Member

Hi everyone,

I tried to implement a php script as a cron on the xenforo admin panel. Unfortunatly it doesn't work, I tried to find the best way to make it as simple as possible.

I didn't find the way for xenforo to recognize my file. Do I have to specify the location of my php script ?

Do I have to declare a class or a function ? My script is a simple one and work perfectly when I run it manually via his url.

Thank you very much for your help.

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

When you create a Cron entry you have to enter a class name and a function name.

The class name identifies the location of the file on the file system relative to the library directory. If you want your file to be in the library/MyCron/MyCronClass.php file, then the class name should be MyCron_MyCronClass.

This would look like:
    PHP:
    <?php

class MyCron_MyCronClass
    {

}
    The code to run needs to be in a function, if you wanted to name that "myFunction" that would look like:
    PHP:
    <?php

class MyCron_MyCronClass
    {
        public static function 
    myFunction()
        {

// Your code to run would go here

}
    }
    As you can see above, your code will go where the commented out line starting with // is.

When setting up the cron, you would enter the Cron callback as:

Class: MyCron_MyCronClass
    Method: myFunction

Betclever likes this.