• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.4 Cron and search index

sbj

Hello there,

1. Which cron entries do I need to set up, so my site is always accurate? It should update every statistics, counts, new posts (etc.) instantly?
Or do you have any advice on that? ( I dont understand quarter of the entries of the list)

2. How does the search index function?
- Can't I search for words with 3 characters?
- How can I exclude words from searching or include many words, give a specific order of words, etc.?
- How can I make it that the results can be listed as thread start date or last reply date?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Running the cron(s) contstantly to update the stat's in real time is not recommended.
Does it really matter if they are 10-15 minutes behind?

MySQL search has a minimum word length which can be set in the ACP and the my.cnf configuration file.
There are no options related to sorting by various dates.

sbj

Is there a manual about the cron entries? So I can see what exactly is updated when the cron xyz runs?

I just want that the "recent threads" sidebar is updated every 1 minute. But dont know which cron I must configure for that.

How can I set the cron periods to default? I changed a lot of them but I want it back to the default ones xenforo is suggesting.

Ah, and ACP>Options>Search Options>Search minimum word length is at the moment 3. But still it doesnt work.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
In terms of crons, they're mostly technical so you would need to review the code to see exactly what's covered if the description isn't clear enough.

Going to <url>/install/ and rebuilding the master data should return them to default.

sbj

It won't reset options settings, if that's what you're concerned about.
And add-ons, node tree and all the other stuff? Just Cron settings will be reset? (Sorry for asking again but better be safe than to make a big mistake)

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
It rebuilds all of the master data such as templates, phrases, cron entries, etc.

It won't affect any add-ons, nodes, or other created content.