Votes: 30 43.5%
  • 3 : Average

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • 2 : Poor

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • 1 : I Don't Like it!

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
OH I like this ALOT. Colorful without going overboard. I wasn't too sure about the gray, but it kind of grew on me, I guess. The breadbcrumb is smaller and unobtrusive - nice change.

LOVE the postbit, except that the usertitle font is a bit difficult to read.

The one complaint I have is the forum status icons - too large. If you resize those, then I think you have a winner.

Very nicely customized.
One of the best xenforo sites out there !
View attachment 17334
Who did the great graphics ?

I purchased the graphic from http://graphicriver.net/ and added them to the green and blue background.

How does the homepage work ? ie. How do you pull the 4 "articles" (first post of the thread) to display them on the Home Page ?

It's the [8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) with standard code just the styling has been changed.

pre.webp

recent.webp

The "Gadgets" forum is selected because no posts can be made in that forum. The only way to add a thread to the portal is by using the promote button.

OH I like this ALOT. Colorful without going overboard. I wasn't too sure about the gray, but it kind of grew on me, I guess. The breadbcrumb is smaller and unobtrusive - nice change.

LOVE the postbit, except that the usertitle font is a bit difficult to read.

The one complaint I have is the forum status icons - too large. If you resize those, then I think you have a winner.

Was you referring to these 2 items Peggy?

post-bit.webp
Are you referring to the <Administrator> sign?

forum-icons.webp

I could do with a bit more info on this Peggy. Is there too much padding top and bottom? The icons are just too big?

Thanks for the feedback people and keep it coming.

Was you referring to these 2 items Peggy?
Are you referring to the <Administrator> sign?

I could do with a bit more info on this Peggy. Is there too much padding top and bottom? The icons are just too big?

Thanks for the feedback people and keep it coming.

Yep those are the ones. The Administrator/member/etc user title - the font is difficult to read, at least for me.

As for the forum status icons, the image itself is too large, imo. But that's only my opinion. I don't like large images because I feel that they detract from the content.

I'm liking the header (logo) especially the login tab, very unique and imaginative I have to say. However, the greys used for #content .pageContent I feel makes the colour theme look bland against the other colours. Also, the forum status icons I feel after looking at the creative header could have been a little more creative than an e-mail icon. In short, I feel using some other colours and swaying from the greys and adding some little creative touches and you'll have one hell of a style on your hands.

Overall Very nice work but with a few minor creative touches will, could be an outstanding style. (y)

Yep those are the ones. The Administrator/member/etc user title - the font is difficult to read, at least for me.

As for the forum status icons, the image itself is too large, imo. But that's only my opinion. I don't like large images because I feel that they detract from the content.

I do agree with the user titles, this will be quite a challenge as there animated gif's. That's why i have kinda ignored them but i'll give it my best shot.

The forum icons i'll resize to see how things look. I really appreciate the feedback Peggy :D

However, the greys used for #content .pageContent I feel makes the colour theme look bland against the other colours.

I'm open for suggestions :D

I feel after looking at the creative header could have been a little more creative than an e-mail icon.

This was a difficult call for me. Do people prefer a single set of graphics on all the forums or a different graphics for every forum. Different graphics would add more colour...

I feel using some other colours and swaying from the greys and adding some little creative touches and you'll have one hell of a style on your hands.

It is relatively easy to change the boxes header and footer graphics as there all linked together though out the forum. The problem is i'm also lacking inspiration on this part.

Thanks Shelley (y)

I'm open for suggestions :D

This was a difficult call for me. Do people prefer a single set of graphics on all the forums or a different graphics for every forum. Different graphics would add more colour...

It is relatively easy to change the boxes header and footer graphics as there all linked together though out the forum. The problem is i'm also lacking inspiration on this part.

Thanks Shelley (y)

I think the standard forum icon structure new and old posts can work sufficiently well and still add the colour you need that individual status icons can do it's a matter of how creative you want to be as well as using the appropriate design and good colour usage to compliment the style. Personally I would persevere with the standard icon structure first than the individual icons for each forum. If that fails it certainly won't hurt trying the alternative.

Another suggestion to add some colour is possibly go for a nice icon image to replace the prefix "latest" that resides in the last post area. I seen this on another style (and it was something I was going to do months ago) but never got around to doing it. This adds imo a nice visual and at the same time saves a little space to. But honestly, the changes you need to make I feel are just minor, small changes which I think will transform the style.

Before I forget, your rank icon, I noticed your using an animated icons with a blinking underscore. I'd probably go for something static as this can be viewed often being in the postbit and could annoy people and create an unnecessary focus point with it blinking. Your content should be the focus point imo but again you've done a good job.

PS I had this post pasted in clipboard due to the server migration so it may be old since you changed your icons, They are better, more colurful but I would serch for something more subtle but that is just my preference. :)

The forum is great, I have been keeping my eye on it for some time and looks to me the best dressed xenforo board I have ever seen. Really, I havent seen a forum with a better theme than this yet. :)

One thing though, the X button on the member card looks really rough.

Top Bottom