Crikey! Flamin' Galahs!

Wow, those are beautiful birds, I most likely would not complain too much, I guess unless they made a lot of noise or crapped on my car (well my old truck would not matter much, but I would not want to clean it off the windshield).

Wow, those are beautiful birds, I most likely would not complain too much, I guess unless they made a lot of noise or crapped on my car (well my old truck would not matter much, but I would not want to clean it off the windshield).

Naaaww.... I am not really complaining, although I wish they would leave my tree alone until after next week!!! LOL

They are noisy things too, very noisy.

LOL I don't watch Neighbours at all, so you are safe with me, I have no idea who Karl is :p

The trees are beautiful, but they won't be for long if these little devils keep eating my flowers!!!!

Neighbours is pretty awful, but for some reason I always watch it - I think it's cos it was something we always did at school before afternoon lessons, and I'm a bit sentimental lol.

Beautiful birds, Photograph infact. Even that bush. I wouldn't mind waking up to that every morning instead of waking up to the birds here in the UK which in my opinion don't even try to dress up. We have sparrows (bland birds) the odd featured cow (a local overweight wood pigeon) and magpies that hop around every morning fighting amongst themselves.

Though on occaison, we do get a "robin" every now and again.

Beautiful birds, Photograph infact. Even that bush. I wouldn't mind waking up to that every morning instead of waking up to the birds here in the UK which in my opinion don't even try to dress up. We have sparrows (bland birds) the odd featured cow (a local overweight wood pigeon) and magpies that hop around every morning fighting amongst themselves.

They are pretty! So is the Tree.. we always try to colour co-ordinate our birds and trees :p heheheehe

Oh, they are so pretty. Let them eat the tree! I'd plant more for them!

One of the coolest experiences I ever had - I was, sitting on the balcony in Coogie and two parrots flew up and perched on the railing. I didn't even know parrots were native there, so it was entirely surreal.

Oh, they are so pretty. Let them eat the tree! I'd plant more for them!

One of the coolest experiences I ever had - I was, sitting on the balcony in Coogie and two parrots flew up and perched on the railing. I didn't even know parrots were native there, so it was entirely surreal.

Rainbow Lorrikeets they most likely were... they are everywhere here, and very friendly. They will come right up to you, and demand to be fed (which is bad, too many people feed them, which is not good for them) They also get drunk if you give them honey, and are very raucous and noisy.

WE have a lot of species of Parrots, (56) most are very colourful and beautiful, and wild, sadly cats kill a lot of them :( but most are quite plentiful in number, the Galahs that I posted in the first pic are considered a pest in crop growing areas as they dig up and eat newly planted crops :p But they are beautiful and I love our birdlife in this country!!!

sww_rainbow_lorikeet.jpg

Mine were very colorful like that, and they were friendly. And, dolt that I am, I did feed them. And they came back, and brought friends, and their friends brought friends, and I got in a lot of trouble for all the bird poop on the balcony. Which, as it turns out, is very hard to get off of wrought iron and mosaic tile. :/

I love those birds specially Parrot :P I am going to have one once i move to Proper place in few months . They learn how to talk pretty fast i used to have Parrot when i was kid he was smart and clever bird .

Mine were very colorful like that, and they were friendly. And, dolt that I am, I did feed them. And they came back, and brought friends, and their friends brought friends, and I got in a lot of trouble for all the bird poop on the balcony. Which, as it turns out, is very hard to get off of wrought iron and mosaic tile. :/

LOL yeah that is what happens, they bring all thier mates and have a huge party, make heaps of noise and heaps of mess.. then take off till the next day when they come back and demand you do it all over again :p

Bit like the party goers from hell those guys, but they are cute and very colourful!

Nothing wrong with magpies ....

magpies.webp

Haha, I just had to do that. Not because I hate birds, in fact, I'm not the biggest fan of eating birds of any kind, not even chicken.

But I'm jealous about the weather on that picture you posted - it looks warm and sunny while it's -12C and snowing here. I know, I know, it's not the birds' fault, neither is it yours.

So maybe, you can negotiate a deal with them and convince them to leave your trees alone :)

Haha, I just had to do that. Not because I hate birds, in fact, I'm not the biggest fan of eating birds of any kind, not even chicken.

But I'm jealous about the weather on that picture you posted - it looks warm and sunny while it's -12C and snowing here. I know, I know, it's not the birds' fault, neither is it yours.

So maybe, you can negotiate a deal with them and convince them to leave your trees alone :)

I am not sure their negotiation skills are all that they could be :p

I don't really mind - it's just I was looking forward to having a house full of flowers for Christmas and the blighters are going to ruin that plan.

Holy Frozen Funbags Batman! -12°C is brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

It is not a great day here today, about 23°C and overcast here.

Years back I had a problem with a flock of quite aggressive crows in my backyard. They always tried to dig out stuff, ruining my beautiful lawn and crapping all over the place. Telling them to go away, because there isn't anything to dig for didn't help - so, you're right - their negotiation skills are definitely lacking :) Trying to distract them with some food didn't work either - they took the food and when done, they continued with digging and ruining my lawn.

So I invented the first AFPCSD (aluminum foil powered crow scare device). Got some (very) cheap umbrellas, ripped off the cloth and mounted stripes of aluminum foil. Pushed them about a foot deep into the earth and fixed them with some fishing line. Since we have a very dominant wind direction here (northwesterly almost all time), this was easy.

It was working quite well. The foil stripes were moving with the wind and reflecting the light. That must have scared the crows enough to leave. Only problem was with somewhat stronger winds - every now and then, they ripped off a few of the aluminum stripes and sent them over to a neighbor's yard. Said neighbor wasn't able to figure out where they came from and one day, he told me that some f**** idiot was contaminating his backyard with aluminum stripes, lol. I replied that the f*** idiot is standing right in front of him and told him the entire story :) We both had a good laugh (he is a cool guy and not really one who would seriously complain about such a minor thing).

Finally, I want to let the world know that not a single crow was killed, eaten or otherwise harmed in the process :) Should the crow scare device(s) have inflicted mental damage to the crows, I'm deeply sorry for this.

Rainbow Lorrikeets they most likely were... they are everywhere here, and very friendly. They will come right up to you, and demand to be fed (which is bad, too many people feed them, which is not good for them) They also get drunk if you give them honey, and are very raucous and noisy.

WE have a lot of species of Parrots, (56) most are very colourful and beautiful, and wild, sadly cats kill a lot of them :( but most are quite plentiful in number, the Galahs that I posted in the first pic are considered a pest in crop growing areas as they dig up and eat newly planted crops :p But they are beautiful and I love our birdlife in this country!!!

sww_rainbow_lorikeet.jpg

Wow, I had no idea you had such wonderful looking birds down there. That is fantastic. I want to come visit just to see the birds.

Those guys are everywhere around Sydney and the East coast, I can guarantee you will see a lot of them if you do ever visit, even in Sydney it's self they are very plentiful.

Top Bottom