XF 1.1 Creating usergroups based off other usergroups?

JABRONI

I might just be blind but is there an option that allows me to create a usergroup that has the same permissions as another usergroup?

Well, I have different usergroups for the different divisions of my clan.

I have to make a new usergroup for every division and it gets tedious so making one usergroup and coping it and changing the name would be nice.

No such option.

But I agree with dieketzer. If all of the groups share the same permissions in common then just put the users into the same group. If the divisions have their own special permissions in addition to the common permissions then you only need to setup the special permissions for the division groups.

Well, I have different usergroups for the different divisions of my clan.

I have to make a new usergroup for every division and it gets tedious so making one usergroup and coping it and changing the name would be nice.
what you do is dump all your clanmembers into a secondary group that has all the mutual permissions you want used in all your clan divisions.
then create a new group for each division. leave all the perms set to 'not set/no', which will cause the usergroup to inherit perms from any other usergroup. then simply address any perms that are unique to that particular division.

Top Bottom