Creating pages that look like articles

Divinum Fiat

Hi Everyone,

I have a WP blog and want to manually re-create the blog posts in form of articles on separate pages but visible like the help manual is here.

Most of these blog posts are articles that were submitted to article directories, I use pictures, links, bolding, underlining, etc. I can't seem to figure out how to create a 'page' under a node and make it look like an article.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I'm screwed, I don't know either. Okay, not cool. I need a simple WORD editor. I write a gazillion articles and posts. This is HUGE for me or I may have to bag XF all together. :cry: Is one planned soon?

Hi Everyone,
I have a WP blog
Don't stop using Wordpress.
Use the Bridge + Style integration.

Another option is to use XenPorta and have your Articles in Forums but Style the threads to look like Articles + comments.

Xenforo Pages could be much more useful if they would use the native editor.
Please vote for this thread about a good editor for pages.

Blueprint have a look at whatever word processor you use. Check out File/ Save section.
Or look at its Help file.

There may be a way to Save a document as a webpage with its html. Mine does iot (Atlantis Word Processor) though it's not free @ $35. Nice prog though.

I also tried searching on "convert doc html" and there was plenty to check out.
One was
http://www.textfixer.com/html/convert-word-to-html.php
which is free.

You'd need to get the xf people to help you where to upload images so your Page knows where to find them.

But me I'm after a front end editor and I may have a coder who can do it! Will keep you posted on the thread the DigDoc mentioneded above.
It's fine doing html if you know how. Many admins don't, and many like me want to delegate editing to my mods ALL of whom don't know html! Also I want to be able to do quick n dirty updates on the fly w/o going into admincp. For those that don't want it, it's a disable, or a mod you don't install. For those that do need it it's pretty big issue. It's been fully discussed on the thread given.

Don't stop using Wordpress.
Use the Bridge + Style integration.

Another option is to use XenPorta and have your Articles in Forums but Style the threads to look like Articles + comments.

Xenforo Pages could be much more useful if they would use the native editor.
Please vote for this thread about a good editor for pages.

Where is the info on how to create a static page? I can't find it anywhere.

Admin / Applications (top bar)/ Create new Page (left)

Categories, Forums and Pages are as a group called 'nodes.'

You can assign a Page to any of the types of Nodes as a parent including another Page.
Or make it a top level 'root' node itself.

HTML edit only.

Here is an example of some of the code I would like to include on a Xenforo page:

http://www.trumba.com/help/api/spudapi.aspx

Instead of "widgets" they call them "spuds" but it's the same thing.

There is code for a "main calendar", then code for a "spud" which controls how the calendar is viewed. I am not too technical so don't know if these things would be possible to put inside a Xenforo page.

I'm sure you could do something similar but it would need some of the xenforo codes.
It won't take long for one of the grand coders to help you on how to do it.

You could try looking at XenAtendo calendar which is designed for XF.

Top Bottom